Hit Behind Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don16, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Don16

Don16 Member

Hey everyone, I am new here on forums, about 21 days ago i got hit by fist behind my ear. After hit i began to experience like vibrations in my ear... after 3mins it was gone but i could still hear it sometimes. I was at the emergency because i got bruise behind my ear and was worried if it cant be something serious so i got CT scan and checked out and everything was fine.

However i still hear a weird sound in my ear (that sound if you swallow and something like that i cant describe it) and it happens when iam in a silent room and you make a very loud noise, like you put a glass hard on the floor or you crumple paper... this sound makes it appear. But i can go to restaurant or listen to music without problems. Is there anyone experiencing anything like i described :/, I am worried if it will go away...

2. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Go see an ENT to be sure!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don16

Don16 Member

Yes, ill go but first I wanted to wait about month, if it maybe dissapear :/

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If I was U I wouldn't wait ...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don16

Don16 Member

Do you think it can be Perforated eardrum or Tensor Tympany syndrom? Its not painful, sometimes i dont even recognize it.

6. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      If it was perforated eardrum you would have feel it!

But do not wait to see an ENT, waiting is useless...

7. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Don16

I agree with the others go see an ENT ASAP but I'm curious has this started because of being hit behind the ear or did you have T before this and this has only made it worse?
      And If I have been physically hurt around my ears they tend to be a bit temperamental about it, and yes silence only makes it more noticeable, certain noises can trigger T (everyone has noises that trigger their t right?)

Advice for coping in the meantime

1*Don't listen to music too loudly
      2*Avoid cinema and concerts (loud events etc)
      3*Always keep some noises on in the back ground eg quiet music or the television
      4*Don't Stress out about it and other things! T is a lot worse under pressure and stress
      5* Get lots of sleep, it helps making t quieter

I say numbers 1 and 2 because you DO NOT want to aggravate t in the slightest and keeping your ears loud noise or stressful noise free at least until you see the ENT will help them understand what your ears are like without extermal factors acting on them.

Best of luck :)
      PS don't stress out too much because lots of people on this sight probably felt like this at some point, I'm sure you'll be okay and If not we'll be here to support and listen to you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don16

Don16 Member

Hi Georgia, thanks for the answer :)

No i havent had T before and i think i dont even have it, since its random sound in your ears but mine is only after loud sound i described. The problem i described started after the hit to my ear on left...I recognized it after 5days however because sometimes its not even recognizable... dunno if it started immediately that night after i woke up or days after. I can hear everything perfectly no issue there. Ill visit ENT for sure if it wont disappear for the next 7days :/.

9. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'd get an appointment ASAP as a lot of people on here don't have hearing problems they've just got tinnitus and since tinnitus is a symptom it could be a symptom of a hearing loss (I didn't think I'd lost hearing but I had, tinnitus was the clue that something wasn't right) and I've heard the early the stages the more likely that there is something they can do for you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don16

Don16 Member

Ill go after the weekend for now it sounds like whenever someone do a loud sound it feels like water in ear and stops but its not happening after every loud sound. Still looking for diagnosis on web .....