Hit Me Like a Ton of Bricks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MariC, Dec 23, 2017.

1. MariC

MariC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to see an ENT because of post nasal drip and he told me to use a saline nasal spray and Flonase. Two days into treatment high pitched squealing started in both ears.

Could the meds cause it?

Also started Trazodone for sleeping, going through a stressful time and insomnia has been an issue.

I've stopped using any of these new treatments but 24/7 tinnitus continues. What should I do next?

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have it also due to allergic rhinitis with sever asthmatic.
      I take fexofenadine 120mg a day and a nose spray Nasonex and use a extra pillow at night.
      Post nasil drip can go in your eustation tubes causing ear problems and tinnitus as well as a horrid taste in your mouth.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Joel Waterman

Joel Waterman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones/speakers and/or water damage
      Geez, I hope it improves. I don't know anything about those treatments, but since it hasn't been too long, hopefully it will subside Now that you're not taking it.

I've been having a hard time sleeping ever since my T got way louder a few months ago, so this is what has been helping me.

First of all, if I only set aside 8 hours for sleep, I get screwed and stressed out, because it takes so long to get to sleep, and get back to sleep after getting up to pee, ext. So I set aside between 11-12 hours for sleep.

I also can't sleep well at all if the room us quiet, so I have a dehymidifyer running in my room to help balance the T out. Some will use fans, or heaters, or various white noise generators.

Not sure of the ups/downs of trazodone for sleeping, but I've been taking melatonin when I am having a particularly hard time getting to sleep, and it definitely helps.

It takes me sometimes two or three hours to get to sleep initially, so I just lay in bed and try to do breathing exercises and relax until I fall asleep.this is where setting 11-12 hours for sleep is vital for me, or else I would be stressing out that I'm not falling asleep faster.

Side note: Just in case it ever comes up, never let a doctor/nurse syringe your ears(flush them out with water) to remove ear wax. A lot of people, including me, end up with terrible T and hyperacusis from doing it themselves or having a doctor/nurse do it. A lot of Doctors do not yet realize how unsafe it is for some reason.

Best of wishes in dealing with your challenges. Hopefully it goes away in time, but if not the key is to develop ways of managing it. Easier said than done, but people can overcome and adapt to the craziest of crap that life throws at us.

Regards,

-Joel