Hoping for Some Replies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lonelyperson, Jan 18, 2017.

1. lonelyperson

lonelyperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and headphones
      Hi everyone,

Im a 20 year old guy from Russia(so forgive me if my English isnt best),and i had mild T since i was 14(something i noticed only in complete silence at nights).But since 4th of January it became really severe.

It started off as a very high pitched ringing,but yesterday i developed some humming and sometimes i hear crickets in background.Ever since my T became severe,i lost my sleep.Havent slept for 3 days straight when it started,every day since i slept for 3-6 hours a day.As im writting this now,i havent slept for 48 hours.Or maybe more even.I dont remember.

I also developed some hyperacusis and ear pressure/heaviness.

Went to ENT,neurologist.No ear infection,still waiting for my turn to do MRI,but i doubt it would achive anything.As far as i know,tinnitus is 90% caused by ear traumas/hearing loss and cant be cured.

As you can imagine,im very depressed and exhausted by my condition,something im sure everyone here has gone through.Whats worse about it is feeling of lonelyness.I got no family and friends who would understand me.Two times i visited a psychotherapeut didnt help at all.

I came here hoping for some freinds or people who would understand me.I came here hoping that what i am experiencing now is just a stage,that some day i would be able to habituate,would be able to live a good life with sleep and smiles.I feel suicidal,but i just want to live so much.

Any answers,any words would be greatly appreciated.To anyone who read through this,thank you.

2. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Hi, your definitely not alone on this site. I've had t for a month now and many people have helped me in this short time. Try playing some masking sounds to dull the t down. Set it just below your t level so your brain will focus hard on the masking sound. As hard as it is try not to focus on the ringing and focus on something you like doing. That helps me. Lack of sleep makes it worse. Try some over the counter sleep aids so you can get back rested. I'm still new to this but long time t vets have told me this. I hope it helps you. Stay strong.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lonelyperson

lonelyperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and headphones
      Hi there.I tried masking my tinnitus with my tablet playing next to me,since im afraid of using headphones now.I heard people having great success with masking,but not me unfortunalty.Doesnt help that much,but at least it some sort of relief.Even when i sleep,i can just wake up randomly with my T killing my head.Worst thing about me trying to sleep is when you ignore youre t and entering your sleep,you wake up immideatly.Buzzkill.

When i slept and had a dream,it was tinnitus free.In that dream i felt like most happy person in the world.

Tell me,how big is your hearing loss?I dont have any hearing loss in a normal range,but probably have hidden hearing loss at high freq.How severe is your tinnitus and what does it sounds like?

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    5. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus mustn't be totally masked. Use a sound machine by your bedside. Read the information that I've sent you in the links above and I strongly advise you to not use headphones even at low volume.
      Michael

6. Jake007

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mine sounds like when a firecracker blows up close to you and you hear that loud ringing. It's only in my left ear, my left is 50db and right is 20db. I can't bearly hear much on my left. The waking up right falling asleep happened to me to but only for couple days. What kind of masking sounds are you using.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lonelyperson

lonelyperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and headphones
      Stopped using them at once when my t started.My H is mild,i think.Sometimes i can walk through traffic,and it doesnt bother me that much,but sometimes even speech from other people make me feel uncomfortable.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lonelyperson

lonelyperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and headphones
      I tried using pure white noice,but i felt like it only irritated my T.Pink noice seemed to work better.Last time i slept i used train and railroad noice to help myself get my focus away from t.

9. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Your hyperacusis isn't cured yet but it will in time. Read the information in the articles in the Links I gave you: Hyperacusis As I see it. Tinnitus, A Personal View.

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @lonelyperson,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      We are here around the clock to support you.

You really need help to sleep and melatonin can help or a low antidepressant for more long term sleep or over the counter sleeping aids.
      If you have a phone with apps there are lots of free natural sound apps and white noise or pink noise.
      Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline can help reduce tinnitus and help sleep also.
      Nortriptyline is the more tolerated one with less side effects and 20-50mg is enough and higher for depression.
      Your not alone now and we all understand how tinnitus effects people- emotionally,physically,socially,lack of sleep,low self-esteem ,loss of confidence and concentration and getting enough support.

CBT counselling can help
      Doctor
      TRT
      Audiology with maskers or hearing aids or duel purpose hearing aids
      Tinnitus Support groups
      Sound therapy
      Family and friends
      Forums...Tinnitus Talk,
      BTA and their advice line
      Samaritans
      Mental Health
      MIND

....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    11. Jake007

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      See, your not alone brother

• Like Like x 2
    12. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Lonelyperson,

Here is the secret to conquering tinnitus: train your mind to understand that it won't harm you. Once your mind believes it, your stress and anxiety levels will go down, you will be able to get a good night's rest, thereby sweeping tinnitus under the rug, where it belongs. It is a gradual process, but it can (and must) be done. Best of luck!