Horrific Spike After Shredding Paper! Help? What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kiel, Aug 7, 2019.

1. kiel
      Depressed

kiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Headphones
      I was shredding some paper yesterday, and I guess for whatever reason, the thing set off a spike. It's the worst I have ever had, and it just won't stop. It's been going for about 24 hours now. It started with horrible pressure that then turned into loud ringing in my left ear. The ringing gets louder in response to pretty much any sound, and is very hard to deal with or ignore. There is no way to mask it. What can I do?

This is so horrible and I'm just looking for some kind, any kind of help. Please. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Hissy missy

Hissy missy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressants
      I reckon it will settle Kiel. Until then, keep busy, have a glass of wine or two, go out walking (being outside helps I reckon) - do whatever it takes to get you through this hiccup. It happens to all of us. You just have to do things a little differently to get you through. It’ll be ok.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kiel
      Depressed

kiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Headphones
      I am trying yeah. I know keeping calm and focusing on other things help. It's just so hard because of how loud it is. :(

4. Hissy missy

Hissy missy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressants
      I think when it gets like this and you’re not coping perhaps ask your doc for something to take short term to get through it. For me, I drink a couple of wines in the evening - that’s not everyone’s ‘go to’ but it has helped me these past 17 years.

• Like Like x 1