How AI (Artificial Intelligence) Is Transforming Drug Creation

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by jer, Oct 20, 2017.

1. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think this is a very interesting article about the future role of AI (artificial intelligence) in drug development. I think that AI will play a major role in the next 5-10 years in medicine, and it will also probably have a very big role in the treatments that they eventually will find to help us sufferers with Tinnitus.

AI will be able to sift though 20.000 research papers in less than a few hours, compare all kinds of substances to our human physiology and be able to find the best substances / combinations of substances that will work for us. I think we should all be very excited that we are nearing the point that this is happening.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-ai-is-transforming-drug-creation-1498442760

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/02/08/ai-drug-discovery/

• Like Like x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      That's quite an excellent idea to be implemented. But I imagine the process of developing such an advanced software to be tremendously difficult.
      In all honesty I think it will be done even earlier than a decade, 5 years is a reasonable time frame. Biotechnology is currently going through a boom unlike anything seen before, not even Moore's Law predicted transistor size to go down this fast, I can see new therapies equipped with logic from really advanced mathematical algorithms that will turn the human body into a machine that we can fully repair. Of course it's still kinda of a mistery what these therapies will look like but the algorithms are pretty much already here since the mid-late 90s.

• Like Like x 1