How I'm Doing and Why I Mostly Left All Tinnitus Forums

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wojtek Kalka, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Hi there,

I have had tinnitus for 23 years now, six months ago it spiked after photographing at concert with good earplugs. Like from 4/10 to 8/10...

I found this forum which I am really grateful for and spoke with some amazing people. Even made some good friends.

Having tinnitus for 23 years made me a better person, and even now I refuse to let the new tone take over my life. While I was living without any help for many years now I mask like 20h a day with an mp3 player. The last six months have been up and down and in total the noise went down but just a little, I can be without masking but I prefer to have earplugs with noises or neural tones to suppress the ringing. Yes I hear it even loud in the shower but no I do not complain. There are millions of people out there who really have something that hurts their life, tinnitus is just a condition, it does not do much to you if you do not let it. If you want to be weak it will probably kill you.

I got thrown out of the Facebook Tinnitus community because I am honest and a lot of people can not deal with honesty.

I find it disgusting to hear people write crap like why did my god did something to me like this, why do I get punished while million children starve to death... even though I am very much against suicide these people probably should better kill themselves for being selfish pricks, as selfish as one could be.

I am a bit tired of this... I can not do this any more or else. So many out there write like this...
      Yes this is the new generation maybe we over 40 we used to say we find a way if there is none we create one... instead of complaining about life and bitching how hard it hit you...

Go one week to the slums of Mumbai... and live there with no money... you will see how life hits you...

Anyway all I would love to share here atm yes it will get better always 100%, as long you believe in it and work your ass off to get there... even the loudest tinnitus is bearable, while I took prednisolone for a month I had days where all I heard was the ringing nothing else, trying good weed I had a 100x worse experience I could not even move, the noise was soo loud that I could not move, was paralyzed and thought that is pure torture... but it stopped after 1h.

I am saving up for a stem cell treatment in Thailand but I arranged my life, some people around me get annoyed for me running around with headphones all the time... but who cares...

I want to thank everyone for the great work this forum and its members do, and I from time to time I will read and post my opinions... I learnt a lot, more that I could ask for but I still believe there is no cure at all for a noise inducted tinnitus except when the body decides to heal itself so far... and no amount of complaining will get anyone anywhere... except making things worse.

There is a good rule in life, do NOT whine, bitch and complain...

So long... I wish you all the the best and I meet some more amazing people from all over the world... and remember tinnitus does not do much to you if you do not let it... keep smiling it helps a lot...

Oh and read the Open Veins of Latin America, by Eduardo Galeano... it will humble you...

Big Hugs
      Wojtek

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. sanj100

sanj100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Interesting post.

I guess having tinnitus for 25 years, you have been habituated to the sound for a lot of that time? And it's only now with this higher tone are you now distressed again? Was the tinnitus the same volume for the 25 years and only went up recently? Have you ever done anything much regarding your emotional reaction to the tinnitus (any CBT, TRT, meditation?)

Look forward to your reply...

3. Screamin Ears
      Crappy

Screamin Ears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I find it disgusting to READ crap where people think that their experience is the only experience, just because you may be able to cope with your tinnitus does not give you the right to dismiss the suffering of others.

• Agree Agree x 8
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Hi I was totally habituated from the old one, rarely noticed it was there , now the tone is a lot louder and it slowly habituates, I doubt it ever will because it is too loud but it starts less and less to annoy me ..after six month, no cbt, trt, yes grew up with martial arts so I mediate sometimes and I mask it pretty well ..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      hehe you did not get the point at all and I never dismiss the suffering of others, I think their selfish view of why me .. is crap ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      You got kicked out not because you are honest, but because you are an asshole.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      At least I am a smart asshole that does not offend people when I have nothing more to say ..

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Screamin Ears
      Crappy

Screamin Ears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pretty sure i did.

9. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

There are lot of people here that are suffering from sustained severe Tinnitus, Hyperacusis or both. These conditions usually cause anxiety and depression. I've experienced both at that level, so I have a tremendous amount of empathy for them.

Many of them are not understood by their family and friends because they have never experienced either or both of those conditions. Here, on the forum, they should be able to express their feelings with people that should be understanding and not critical of them.

People do actually feel better for a short while when they can express and share their suffering with others that understand and are compassionate. Just as crying gives some short-term relief for people that are suffering or grieving, being able to verbally express their suffering, pain, disappointment and frustration is as natural for a human being to do as is crying.

I never think of the posts from these people as "whining or bitching."

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Saying people are selfish because they are troubled by a chronic condition IS dismissing the suffering of others. You think you are being logical with your "realistic" point of view when in reality nothing you posted is really an original thought. "You're not allowed to feel bad when there are people on the other side of the world suffering more" is incredibly cliche and an unhealthy view point. Actually it sounds more like you cope with your tinnitus by feeling you are superior to others.

Your line of thought is also absurd because chances are, no matter how awful you feel, there is someone else who feels worse. So as long as you aren't on the bottom of a very subjective totem pole, one's suffering is meaningless...according to you.

Which is again unhealthy because you are saying that unless people shut away their emotions it somehow makes them selfish.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think it's a great idea you leave all tinnitus forums, your lack of empathy is so unhelpful. As someone new to tinnitus and struggling immensely this kind of post only makes me feel worse. It's time to move on and spend your time elsewhere.

Btw having tinnitus for 23 years didn't make you a better person, you're a tool mate.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Hehe so interesting that nearly none gets the point, the point is people start to question gods and feeling hurt because they have pain ... but when others have pain, they do not give a heck in the first place .. and a typical sign of bad or no education is instant getting personal offensive .. well done guys ... that is my issue with all the social media forums .. people do not read Schopenhauer any more .. they just seem to know everything better and dismiss anyone who says some critical words :) .. cheers ...
      Take it easy ..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You’re making an assumption that people do not care about the suffering of others. My pain for my own suffering does not diminish my ability to feel pain for others. If anything, for me it increases my empathy and makes me feel even more for others.

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Dear @Tinker Bell ... out there are thousands of children starving to death, out there are people living in horrible conditions and yes most people do not care ... they start to care when they experience pain themselves .. exactly what you said ... and I traveled about 70 countries no people do NOT care they buy Nestle products, or sports equipment that is made by children workers and so on ...but once they experience pain for themselves it makes them aware of others .. well sometimes.. my guess just sometimes and short lived .. .. still most time they are why me ... so I totally agree own pain increases the empathy ... because before they have pain they have none .. ;) ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      And I maybe an asshole, tool, unemphatic but I worked for example helping miss-treated children for years and yes it made me dislike humans, mostly adults not all .. but a lot of them ... anyway if you feel offended remember Puks words ... if we shadows have offended think but this ... hmm if you ever read Shakespeare ...

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. Amiel

Amiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Instead of spreading this vitriolic offensive nonsense, you should take up a few English lessons. You lose all credibility when you write like a third-grader.

• Like Like x 2
    17. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Another sign is ellipsis abuse.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    18. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      ********************************************************************************************************
      Hi @Wojtek Kalka -

I liked your post, agree with you and feel those who hurled insults at you are ignorant and, unfortunately, have misunderstood you and misinterpreted your meaning. You have had tinnitus for a long time - 23 years - and I admire your inner strength and determination to NOT let this prevent you from living your life as you wish.

I hope you will soon be able to get the stem cell treatment and let me wish you good health and much happiness.

Sincerely,
      Barbara

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And I thought I was the most unpleasant one here. At least I pertain my misery to me.

As someone who feels a desire to die, yes, there are people who suffer more than I do. Here's the thing: the suffering of a starving child does not make my situation any better. I'm grateful to not be in that position, but life still sucks through my eyes at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Gl0w0ut - You seem to derive some weird pleasure out of posting "funny" on many members' posts (as you did mine above). As I said previously in one of mine, I do want to see members happy so I am pleased you are amused.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You seem like you want to be supportive of others. I find it funny in an ironic fashion that you would agree with what this guy is posting given how toxic his post is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually you fail to understand his meaning and for this fact, I can do nothing further to enhance it for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Enlighten me as to what exactly I am missing? The idea that because there are people suffering worse then me that somehow I should be grateful?

• Funny Funny x 1
    24. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm surprised you didn't write half a book in your reply as you usually do.

25. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I actually like you @Gl0w0ut because I believe you're going through a difficult time with tinnitus and can understand that. Please don't spoil it now. My tinnitus is quite intrusive today so hence the reason for the short passage. I hope that I will be up to speed soon and be able to write my usual lengthy post as you so aptly referred.

Michael

26. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I kinda agree with this post and kinda don't. First of all God has nothing to do with loud/music induced tinnitus. Loud/music induced tinnitus is probably the most common type. I have the majority of my issue from this type of tinnitus. I take the blame for my own actions, i will never blame others or God for my own foolishness.

Blaming others is not going to help out with tinnitus or life in general.

I do know that tons of people are suffering here and some cannot handle tinnitus. We are all different, I am very different from 90% of the people on this board. My tinnitus is not maskable/ very high pitched and i have VERY bad hearing and i juggle fibromyalgia (muscle/nerve disease) as well. I still don't give a hoot about what i have, i still go after what i WANT in life.

That's a beautiful woman that i can be with and enjoy this life as much as i can. My hardship in life started as a kid and i have learned to tolerate many misfortunes, so loud ringing and muscle diseases don't rattle me. I have been hardened by life, but I still have a HUGE heart and still smile, love my life and help others...as i do on this forum.

I don't agree that people who are suicidal should be mocked or anything. These folks are having a hard time and need lots of love and support.

I truly care for the people, on this board and i wish all of you the best :)

• Like Like x 5
    27. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm just surprised you of all people are defending this asshole. And that's coming from someone who is pretty bitter. I know Bobbi likes to claim I'm misunderstanding him, but his statements are written as plainly as they can be in his very broken English (yeah I get he is from Asia but you don't get a pass if you come to an English website to post).

I mean, I wouldn't exactly say anyone is selfish. As I have stated, sure, there may be a paraplegic with third degree urns all over his body who also has full blown AIDS. His suffering doesn't detract from mine. I'm glad he decided to help those worse off than him, but get get out of my face by acting like you're somehow better because you were lucky enough to habituate. He deserves to be ripped apart despite being what you claim is a "gentleman". A "gentleman", mind you, who claims to be "smart" while writing grammatically poor sentences.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      People get your point, they just don't agree with it. I'm not going to dispute that humans are inherently selfish, just as all life is. But that does not mean we are not capable of feeling for others or making sacrifices for others. There is a lot of pain and suffering in this world and if we stopped to shed a tear for everyone and everything...then we would not have a drop of water left. Support forums are not really the place to be pushing your life philosophy on others.

But anyway, why assume people are personally offended? I am not I just disagree with you and some of us are critiquing your behavior which you seem to be blind to.

Lastly, you can leave a forum by simply not posting. You do not need to remind us in an attempt to "get the last word."

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Well @Gl0w0ut I have to say that you are right and I am wrong. I'm not at my best this evening. I didn't read all of Wojtek's posts. I don't agree with this conduct and beliefs about people with severe tinnitus can live with it regardless. He seriously lacks empathy and understanding and no wonder he got barred from Facebook with an attitude like that. He has changed and not for the better. I have deleted my post.

Please accept my apologies
      Michael

• Like Like x 3
    30. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry you're having a bad day. I am as well. I guess it was my fault as I instigated this.

• Like Like x 1