How Long Does It Take to Get Over an Ear Infection That Caused Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Eib, Sep 12, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Eib

Eib Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm coming up to three weeks with an ear infection/10 days on anti biotics

Is it likely when the infection clears the T diminishes? I know in some cases its permanant. But that has to be very isolated cases right?

Anyone also have ear infections that caused it and it went?

2. castiel141

castiel141 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 3,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I had an ear infection before and the noises I had went away as well. You just have to be patient and let your ears heal

3. Eib

Eib Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      thank you for replying.

how long did it take?

4. castiel141

castiel141 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 3,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      It took 2 months to go away. The best thing to do is keep yourself busy and do things you like to do.

5. mjf009

mjf009 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / ear infection
      My tinnitus brought on by an ear infection / blocked ear took 2 months to go. My was a low rumbling noise but since its gone I now got a fizz noise in my head. I think / hope its my brain trying to adapt.

6. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      mine came from an ear infection and it never went away. It got lower though. I am 99% sure they came from the drops they gave me. I had to get into see an ENT who said they gave me drops that were making my ear infection worse. I like many people went to urgent care first because ENT's don't usually have next day appointments. They gave me drops that I know made the infection worse and I am pretty sure gave me the permanent T. Make sure you get into to see an ENT.