How Long Does It Take to Not Wanna Die?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gigiwantstosleep, Aug 20, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Gigiwantstosleep

Gigiwantstosleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im an idiot
      I've had it for 8 months and my brain is not ignoring it any better so how long did it take for you guys to stop crying yourself to sleep or to not be exhausted from living or maybe that's just me.

Damn I didn't even know this was a thing and I wish I could go back and time and just sit in sweet beautiful silence. Oh what I would give that would be amazing.

Also all my friend are a bunch of assholes who just think I'm dramatic but maybe I am. So that's fair.

Also all doctors are idiots and just tell me to "relax and it will go away". Like why am I am I paying you to tell me what my mom said.

I hate everyone.

But mostly myself.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Your story is nearly everyone's story here to some extent. It will go away when you are ready to send it away. I probably took a year and a half. You don't actually want to die though, you do want to escape the situation you are in, and at this time dying seems to offer the only possibility of doing that, which is not quite the same as wanting to die.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      How do you do it? "go away when you are ready to send it away"

4. Mricha37

Mricha37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car subwoofers for 6 years
      Grit it out, get new friends, and just keep busy. Takes about a year to 2 years for reality to sink in. If you start feeling like crap, YouTube people's stories on their chronic illnesses and physical injuries like being paralyzed....by comparison, this isn't that bad. In life, you're not guaranteed perfect health.

Since my T. I have better health, better friends, and just a more blessed outlook on life.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My friends were useless too. But so was my wife.
      In fact everyone was pretty useless. My family cared, but there wasn't much they could do to help.
      Because it's something only you can hear you are alone in dealing with it. But you have everyone here. And maybe you could find someone else that has it? Most people are happy to help with a problem they've had to overcome.

6. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      12 to 18 months for it to become bearable.

Near two years before its no longer the most important issue in your life.

But that's if your tinnitus does not continue to get worse or you're not already somebody with a low threshold for mental disease.

I'm 3.5 years in now. It hasn't gotten better or worse I just deal with it in a more healthy fashion.

Nearly a year into havig tinnitus in my left ear, the right one started getting an on and off objective tremor that was very difficult to mask. That was the proverbial kick in face after finally feeling I could live okayishly with T.

But just when I thought I was out! It pulled me back in.!...

Shit I sleep on my tinnitus side now and try mask the tremor by leaving that exposed to the masking app.

The greatest psychological breakthrough for me personally was totally giving up all hope of being cured.

That killed me mentally more than anything else.

Clinging on to that nagging hope that used to send me into panic attacks when I heard there was some obscure bullshit amino-acid type rubbish that would have cured me if I had of taken it in the first ear.

I had more health supps than Boots. All they gave me was acne lol.

Be strong and keep on keeping on.

7. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can't really answer you in a way that I know would help you, but for me it just seems to have gradually faded (self-harm, not T&H, which belts along as ever). I didn't really get better, but I did eventually get tired of my own misery, and to go on I had to create new things in my life, and let go of what I couldn't have anymore, silence being just one of those things. I guess my interest in life slowly rekindled itself. I must say that the greatest trauma for me, apart from having to walk away from a promising music career, was the Medical callousness. In the early days that drove me toward self-harm more than any other aspect of this whole business. It made me bitter and angry, and I turned my anger inward because it had no-where else to go at the time. I've had to stop being so angry about it all, and that I think has been important. But time...its all about time, and that is inescapable.

And I still get angry every time a Doctor plays God with me. Sometimes job-threateningly so.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh, and Gigi? You're not an idiot.

9. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Many doctors don't have an answer for what ails us however they don't wanna look stupid in front of us paupers.

So they prescribe meds that a lot of the time they shouldn't.

There are many great doctors but also complete assholes.

One or two actually recommended grommets for tinnitus! Just for fun like.

No proven track record in stopping tinnitus and quite a big chance of increasing it.

But hey it looks like an answer, they still appear as the master of the universe with all the solutions.

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      avoid loud noises but otherwise absolutely force yourself to lead the same life you would have otherwise.

your life has changed; if you wait for it to go back to what it used to be, you'll wait forever. It can still be rich and fulfilling and exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure, probably headphones
      Well for me it took me connecting with someone close to me and going out and seeing new things. I keep a journal where I write down every good day and every bad day. The good days because they are possible. The bad days because it's a good reminder. Get distracted. I eat frozen yogurt when I'm down or I ask my mom if we can go for a drive until I feel better. Sometimes I just cry. it's perfectly fine to just cry.

• Hug Hug x 1