How Loud Is Your Tinnitus and How Do You Live with It?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by iamgrmm2, Jun 6, 2015.

1. iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

It's been a month since the onset of my T and I've noticed a HUGE improvement. On the first weeks of may My T was hard on me constant ringing all day unless when I go out and walk I don't hear it though kinda mild I guess? Fast forward today my T is now bearable and there are times when I listen to it it's not there! I've noticed the more I sit on a quiet or almost quiet room and also by lying down before sleep, the more noticeable the noise is most on my right ear. The only times I notice T right now Is Before I sleep and after I wake up. I would describe the sound as a hissing that could be easily masked right now by talking, doing something or by playing music through my phones speakers.

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      That's good for you. My T is unbearable and I am investigating options. You look like a young person, go live your life. I see some people with mild T are too anxious about it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

I feel sorry for you I'm 15 years old and it doesn't bother me it doesn't stop me doing what I love. At the first week I was really stressed about it untill I had a realization that there's no way to fight. There are times that I have silence, let's see what will happen if further improvements happen. I feel bad for you man, I hope you find relief soon. Been reading the forums I've seen a drug on it's testing phase I hope It gives you a glimmer of hope. [emoji1] [emoji2]

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      How did you get t?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

My ENT is kinda bothered to on how it started. He told me that mostly it's caused by ETD since I experience popping sounds and sometimes feel full or it could be noise induced since I listened to music at full volumes on 30-45 mins on average since january. The ringing started on the 4th of may which is after a family outing at a beach. After that outing, around 6 I started to feel dizzy which they said is vertigo i felt like i'm floating. Those three factors make my ENT botherd yet he told me that it will be okay in time since it's mild (Crosses Fingers) which is true I hear it less now if I do it's in a quiet room and faint. I do protect my ears now though.

6. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yeah I got it cause I listen to Loud music to haha , in my car , I'm only 18 though

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Can yoy describe the ringing? How loud it is for you do you hear it in quiet rooms? What ears are affected, and when did it start?

8. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It started 2 weeks ago it's mild hear it mostly when I cover my ears its like a static port tv left unchanneled and a refrigator motor sound like really low on left What about youres ??

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Here I only hear the sound when I'm in a silent place or in a quiet room just like you that's my description of the sound I don't really bother about it it's fairly mild which I don't hear outside and if I do like in a quiet street I can't hear it or it's just a faint sound I could just simply ignore. Most people would have their tinnitus gone after 6 months according to some stories I've read and what my ENT told me. I even stumbled upon on this post saying some people had the ringing gone after years. Time does heal this hang in there.

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Start HBOT if ur still 3 months on set it will help!

11. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      Sorry, but if you look further at posts virtually anywhere, time may not help. "Promises" may be made by websites and providers, though. Time helps some (Success Stories on this site), it doesn't for others. It may allow us time to get used to the noise. It may give us time to try enough different things to dampen it (as I call it).

While I don't believe my particular brand of tinnitus can be eliminated, I'm looking for a clinic or local
      doctor (with some sort of credentials) for possible reduction in the volume. Mine is somewhat tolerable
      during the day but not always. At night, it's extremely loud (because I have to take off my implant*) I stumbled on a website that reinforced what I've said about tinnitus based on my own experience. *Cochlear Implants (surgery
      that allows those of us who are deaf to "hear") suppress the noise because it allows sounds to come
      in to our brains. It also warns of problems (like the panic button on this website).

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/services/ent/services/tinnitus-clinic/index.cfm/

3/4 down the page it says,

IMPORTANT NOTE: Provided by American Tinnitus Association

If you are in a crisis situation, or if you are thinking of harming yourself, please call 800 784-2433 or 800 273-8255.