How to Handle a Hyperacusis Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CDNThailand, Dec 13, 2016.

1. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I have both t and h. Loud sounds increase the h in real time, quiet for an hour or 2 brings it back down.

Yesterday I had a loud day, when I came back home I felt it, my voice sounded louder and all sounds also.

All I did was run on the beach, but there was more traffic yesterday.

My h spikes always go down, but I don't know how....

This one is worse..

Should I stay inside and be quiet for a few days?

Or carry on normally? I don't want to over protect..

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Stay in a quiet setting for a few days and give it time to settle back down,putting more noise through your ears isn't going to help it one bit so just time,silence and patience is the answer.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      Thank you, this happen to you before?

4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Exercise is important, but it is more important not to be exposed to objectively loud sounds when H flares up, as you will enter in a catch-22 situation, cycles of H. I have read some of your posts and my impression is you have a pretty fat chance of improving if you do things right, as your H is recent and for what you write, not severe. Try to use white sound or pink sound (any broadband sound) to soothen your H. Set volume comfortable and play that at night for instance. Choose some music you like, something that maybe gives you good recollections, that is emotionally positive to you, and listen to it. You listened to those songs before right? Then, how could they hurt you if played at normal volume through speakers?

Listen to your body, and be careful with sound. It is good to have sound around but if H goes up suddenly it is best to be careful and not be exposed to objectively loud sounds (sounds that would bother or could damage anyone in the long run, and these include many everyday sounds).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      Thank you, will keep things quiet from now on