How to Stop the Paronoia

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tim11, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tim11

Tim11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe new headphones from christmas
      Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. The cause is a bit unknown. I just wanted to share my experience with tinnitus.

The past week tinnitus was always on my mind. If I wasn't listening to something I was searching if I still had the noise and sure enough I did, every single time. But I've discovered something that has really helped.

I've done some research and I read an article that showed studies finding that people that had tinnitus had higher anxiety and depresson and lower self-esteem. Well it really made me think this might me all my head.

So all I did is say to myself was, "I Don't have tinnitus. It's all in my head." Now I'm really not worried about it. Sure though I know the noise is buzzing still but it took me away from being paranoid which causes the distress of having tinnitus.

I hope you all try this out. Hours before writing this I was crying because I thought I would never get peace and quiet ever again so yes it has bugged me like most of you have.

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @Tim11 , that is interesting. Can you post a link to the article?

I'm also glad that helped you, and I am glad you posted it as it may help others. So, if I am reading this correctly you have not eliminated the tinnitus symptoms, they are just not bothering you or worrying you.

That is great, congratulations. I know people who have had tinnitus for a while and worry about it ruining their life and interfering with their life. Even when they demonstrated that it did not interfere they still worry about never being able to live a normal life or being able to function. I hope they read your post and that this idea helps them.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tim11

Tim11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes you are correct! I hope others benefit from this.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tim11

Tim11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Being honest with yourself and accepting what you have (your situation) can really go a long way. If the noise is there, accept it and try to live your life. Anxiety, paranoia can be a part of one's life regardless, if they have tinnitus or not. Now, if one does have tinnitus, it's crucial to try to be at peace with yourself and just try to lean towards habituation. The resistance and the fight can simply further annoy the person.

If I constantly fought the beyond insane and horrible tea kettle that screams at me 24-7, do you think i'd be so positive? of course not, we are all humans. If we try to remain tranquil, then our actions and manners show it. If we remain negative, for damn sure....our actions and manners show it.

It's just a food for thought. I follow this pattern and my life is really good and I LIVE a full life and tinnitus can't take that away from me.....

It took me a long time to come to this conclusion, and yes I use to fight it at first. It simply wasted my energy and made my life just horrible......

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tim11

Tim11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fair enough.