How Weird Would It Be If We All Got Cured from Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Constable85, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Now and then I notice a very brief, complete silence in my ear and then the T starts up again. That brief millisecond is very quiet. It makes me wonder how shocked we all would be if we really got rid of our T sounds 100%? I bet there are sounds/tones/hisses/rumbles we don't even know we have habituated to and that we would all be shocked at how many noises were in our heads this whole time that we weren't even aware of.

2. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      I was just thinking about this yesterday. It would be weird to hear silence, at least for me it would. Silence for me always included a ringing, I took it as something normal. It would be nice to have silence especially since my tinnitus is intrusive like most on this forum.

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No one has silence.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Would be great as forgotten what that feels like it's been way to long .....lots of love glynis

5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      That's so not true!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Michael R
      Woot

Michael R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also feel like I've always had a slight ringing in my ears since a child. But it never bothered me because I only noticed it a couple of times when in complete silence. Now since 3 months of getting some strange virus, I hear this super high pitch screeching above pretty much everything and think about it all day long. I pray everyday that it will go away or at least go down in volume. If I only heard ringing in silence I would be just fine with that I think. So I wonder how I would react if every single noise in my head shut off even in complete silence. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Let's hope we get a cure in our lifetime.
      Silence is golden but I settle for a quiet house now and then but it's totally invaded by family,sons gf every night and sleeping over and sons friends sleeping over and 3 half drunk 20 year olds sleeping over after a night out then all off to football via McDonald's breakfast the next day so it's a busy house and pets too.....silence what's that.... ....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      It would be a blessing a miracle.