Hydrogen — a Therapeutic Antioxidant

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Bobby B, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      As per the research the most abundant molecule in the universe also appears to help with hearing loss.

Since I live in Japan where this type of water is being sold at most drugstores I have been drinking it all day - 2 liters a day in small 300 pouches and - touching wood - my tinnitus seems to be getting a bit better... namely the frequency morphed from a 7 kHz-8kHz wider and louder band into a narrower 12kHz type of band with lower volumes. The lower frequency band remains but is now only noticeable when the room is totally quiet...

I started this a day prior the steroids and vitamins and since I noticed some effect this gave me some hope that my tinnitus may be improved so I visited a clinic where I got the prednisone and more stuff.

The effect of the hydrogen seems temporary though, but as you can see there is a link with hearing loss at least in Guinea pigs... So I will keep on drinking it for some time.

They also have other studies with this molecules and cancer patients etc...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20888392/

2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      So, you can buy water with hydrogen in it somehow? I mean, water in itself is composed of hydrogen... Hence H2O

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Water is just a delivery system to increase the amount of hydrogen in your body - it cannot be put inside a pill like other antioxidants.

Other delivery methods are injecting saline with hydrogen added to it or breathing hydrogen - water is the easiest for our purpose here.

Hydrogen is safe and the only antioxidant that can cross the blood / brain barrier, another aspect in terms of tinnitus fight.

4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can you post a picture of the product?

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes but it's sold in Japan.

They are also selling kits with a stick that allows you to make that hydrogen rich water at home

Here is one example of the product which ships overseas and named: H Bombe...!

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kireidelab/item/10000132/

The water sold in pouches is expensive over time.

6. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea there's a company in the US that I found that sells these sticks. They're $75 and are supposed to last 6 months/800 Liters.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's cheap.
      I'm paying a lot for these ready made pouches but I wanted something fast as time is the essence. I am 3 weeks in and tinnitus is slowly improving... Not just due to the water of course.

I also think Minoxidil helps! It does change the pitch of my tinnitus each time I use it about 20 minutes later.

8. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      For some reason it reminds me of this from Spaceballs haha:

perriair.png .

In all seriousness though it's good that you've found something that seems to be helping @Bobby B. Hope it keeps working for ya.

• Like Like x 1
    9. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      An old thread worth an update. I discovered Hydrogen Water in this article on otoprotective agents:

https://www.omicsonline.org/current...-hearing-loss-2161-119X.1000130.php?aid=13609

I doubt it was available back in 2015 but it is now. It's not cheap but at least they are not pushing it as a tinnitus supplement. In fact, zero mentions of tinnitus or hearing on their website. Another important thing to consider, it's probably safe. I ordered mine today.

https://www.trusii.info/h2-overview
      https://trusii.com/collections/h2now

10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I recommend dihydrogen monoxide.

11. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The hydrogen is added to the dihydrogen monoxide, making it superdihydrogen monoxide.