Hyperacusis and Distortion in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reinier, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      My acoustic trauma happened 7 months ago. The T and H began 6 months ago.
      I still have T and H. Also distortion in right (most damaged ear) ear. Even when sound enters left ear crackling and distortion can happen in right ear. This distortion unsettles me in particular.
      Are there people on this forum with similar experiences?
      I will eventually except the hearing loss (what else can you do?). This hasn't happened yet. Still struggling with this fact. The T I will try to manage with neuromodulation.
      I am still struggling with the distortion.
      I see on this forum that H can last up to 2 years and still improve. Or is this habituation?
      I am lucky not to have the painful H. Just distortion and sensitive for normal sounds.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      I knew pain in my ears, but know after 2 months, that's a lot of headache, ear crackling and distortion...that's very annoying... good luck !

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Mithrandir. I am seven months into the affliction. My experience is that it very very slowly did get better. With the H I can not know if it is habituation or not. Not very important I believe though. What is important is that the experience of H gets better. Whether it be habituation or actual healing. It is the experience that you have to deal with. So this hopefully also will be the case for you.
      But now after these seven months I was just wondering if the distortion (and crackling) together with the H will improve even more. I have read people mentioning up to two years. But this was for H. I couldn't find anything regarding the crackling and distortion. Good luck to you too!

4. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      H tends to get better. T is harder....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is up and down all the time. Usually, if not always, up at the end of the day. This is not unusual at all. Many other people on this forum experience the same pattern I read. H to me seems more elusive. What is happening in the ears and brain!!! (-;

6. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      My T goes up at the end of the day too. I was actually more or less semi habituated to my T. Then i had nine days of very low T and then now back to my Normal T suddenly i am no longer habituated.... sad

7. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did you take some drugs ? I feel my H is better but I have a lot of pain in the brain. My T stays the same. I'd like trying some drugs or treatment but there are so many possibilities, which one ?
      Sulpiride, AED, anxio, AM 101.... ? What is the best for T & H in same time, that's complicated !

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't take drugs (that looks weird (-;). Just magnesium and vitamin B12.
      In my experience the two (H&T) are related. I got H&T after a noise trauma, so how can they not be related?

With pain in the brain I would Imagen you are talking about a headache? Could your headache be caused by tension? In my experience muscles at the side of my head and neck are more tense when T&H are more prevalent.

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/relaxation,

Perhaps this helps to relax tense muscles in the head and neck? I myself do the youtube exercise a couple of times a day. Not yet sure if they help, because I just started doing them.

And habituation could take longer than a couple of months. This I understand from reading posts on this forum. Having patients is often an advise given.

9. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's 2 noise traumas for me in 2 days... first with a grenade launcher at work & second during a birthday party with crackers...so, I have headache (forehead & on the top)... I try to relax myself and I have tense on my jaw too...
      Maybe I'd like bromazepam to remove all tenses in my body...and Begin on new good bases...
      I make exercices of relaxation (sophrology) each day...so
      thanks for the video