Hyperacusis Died Down, Then Came Back — Are the Hyperacusis Network Products Good?

Discussion in 'Support' started by WetLikeCurry, Sep 17, 2019.

1. WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, what's up everyone! This is actually my first time here, and I've noticed that there's a lot of active members here which is great because I always like the sense that someone is willingly to comment on a thread and it makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Anyways, I'll get straight to it about myself. I have had hyperacusis since March of this year, and it has been a roller coaster so far. From May to the first couple weeks of September, my hyperacusis had actually died down a little bit, and I was happy I could live on my life without having to worry about it. Then just a few days ago, for some odd reason my hyperacusis came back and now I'm being very paranoid about all the sounds that are around me. It's hard to not be paranoid because I feel I'm going straight back to square one.

But besides that, I've looked at the website "Hyperacusis Network" (pretty sure most of those who read my thread are probably familiar with the website) and they have products that can help relieve our pain. I'm thinking about buying one of their pink noise and using it to help subside of what I'm going through, but if any of you who have this, let me know what your experiences are on it...

Thanks!

2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      you can download a pink noise track from the internet, just play it at home. Or you can have TV or the radio on and have pink noise on the background to soften the sounds your ears dislike the most. Listening to an analog radio is also better than listening to digital stuff or mp3

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Juan

I've listened to some on YouTube and I thought it was actually working, and to find out it wasn't really helping. So all I did was listen to noises naturally without ear plugs. It actually was working great, and I was able to sustain the sensitivity, but now it's a little crazy again, so I'll probably listen to some on the internet again.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 1
    4. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      I tried pink noise and it didn't really assist. Brown soothed but I don't think helped with "curing." Try mixing brown with pink. Time is what helps me. 4 years in.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think it varies with some people. I haven't tried brown, but I'll try it. Thanks for the advice!

6. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello, did your hyperacusis ever get better over the course of a year?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Orion's Pain,

When I first had it, it wasn't the best feeling in the world. I listened to a small portion of Pink Noise from YT for a couple days, and I stopped using it cause I wasn't committed.

Then on, couple months later, my hyperacusis wasn't as loud as when I first had it. Still was experiencing sensitivity, but was bearable to listen to every day sounds..

Now, as of this month, for some reason my hyperacusis came back up... I don't know why, but I'm assuming it's reminding me of my 1 year anniversary when I first got it. I'm hoping it gets better.

How about you?

8. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Do you have loudness hyperacusis or pain hyperacusis? I’m sorry you’re dealing with it a year out.

Mine has only worsened since I got it in November :(

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I believe I have loud H. Thanks for the sympathy! I hope to get better and I hope you get better as well!

Can I ask what you're going through to ease the pain?

10. Orions Pain
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I don't really have "pain". The things I do are avoid loud sounds completely and I always have ear plugs on me if I find myself somewhere with a lot of unexpected noise. If my ears feel like they've had enough or feel tired, I just let them rest in a quiet room instead of pushing myself.

Mine is loudness hyperacusis too, so my ears just feel like as if a buffer for loud noise has been removed and things just sound louder than they should. I also have burning in my face, but I haven't been able to link that to noise exposure. It could be a delayed reaction to noise, or perhaps even a symptom of something else I've developed from stress.

I am still trying to figure it all out.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WetLikeCurry

WetLikeCurry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Orion, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I've not had any symptoms that you have, but I believe those will subside soon for you.

Just keep doing what you're doing... Everything will be okay in the end