Hyperacusis Gone!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ricardo1991, Mar 11, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Signs seem to point to head/ neck injury!
      Hey everyone,
      Just wanted to spread a note of positivity.
      When I first got Tinnitus back at the end of December, I had a month of hyperacusis; I can confidently say that I don't have it anymore. I don't know exactly what I did, it just sorted itself out. I'm very confident that one day my tinnitus will sort itself out as well. I tend to think of it as scar tissue; like I have cuts and burn marks on my body, they're scars I can see them. Just like my ears, there was damage done somewhere somehow (possibly a virus) but eventually the scars fade and it's just a memory. Even if it takes forever.

If I habituate to it, that's fine too - I have 4 brothers and a sister and my mom who all have tinnitus and they have all habituated to it and lead completely NORMAL happy fulfilling lives (they go to concerts, dance clubs, we went to Universal Studios last year). They sleep just fine. I think it's our anxiety that gets the best of us and intensifies the ringing.

Last night I went to a bar with my friends. I had cotton balls in my ears but the music was still too loud so I sort of shot myself in the foot, but I'm sure it'll calm down. I went to watch Gods of Egypt last weekend (was pretty good btw) and it didn't bother me much. Anyways, hope you all have a great day today.
      Ricardo

• Like Like x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Are you kidding, your whole family got tinnitus, wow. I am sorry for all of you.
      Take care and be blessed. not with tinnitus, of course. Smiles.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Hyperacusis223

Hyperacusis223 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alarm
      I'm happy for you. i hope my Hyperacusis goes away soon. Are you taking any meds?

4. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea, I'm the youngest of all of us. However, they do help me by keeping my head on straight. Like we'll joke about it and stuff. Thanks for the positive vibes!

5. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm taking traditional chinese medicine. People on this forum don't seem to be open to taking TCM but I sure am! I just sort of woke up one day and everything was at a low volume. I thought for a second that I was going deaf but nope. Just gone. I still have tinnitus in both ears but it doesn't bother me as much. It favors my right ear over my left, sometimes it gets worse but honestly, I'm really starting to get past this as in it doesn't bother me as much.
      I hope you can find peace too!
      Ricardo

6. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      I think H is probably temporary for most people. And the ones that get it for longer end up here..
      Play it safe w headphones and loud music my friend and may H never ever come back..

7. Dilshaad

Dilshaad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection in ear
      Hello richardo1991

What is TCM ?? What it stands for??

Kind regards
      Dilshaad

8. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Dilshaad, it is traditional Chinese medicine.

9. Dilshaad

Dilshaad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection in ear
      Hi ricardo

What traditional chinese medecine you took for tinnitus?

Kind regards
      Dilshaad

10. sol auerbach

sol auerbach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Congrats.
      I wanted to say that with tinnitus (which is 24/7 by me) ive totally habituated, but hyperacusis to me (which comes and goes) is an absolute bitch. I get these annoying whistling echose and after effects and its a bitch to deal with. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

11. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I took the kind that was made for me by my practitioner; but I also took Er Ming Zuo Ci Wan. I don't take it anymore because mine isn't as severe as it once was.
      Ricardo

12. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I hear people who get hyperacusis after tinnitus and lose there hyperacusis. I havent head so much about people with hyperacusis getting tinnitus dropping either of them.