I‘m Starting to Lose It...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill_, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1. loud Concert | 2. loud club | 3. tympanometry
      Ok so having been exposed to an air rifle shot about 8-9 days ago (roughly 105 dB of impulse noise) which got me taking a short oral schedule of prednisone, which eventually spiked my tinnitus really bad I then had a flight to Portugal (which was ok but obviously didn’t „help“ my tinnitus).

Then I got a swimmers ear here which I’m trying to fight without antibiotics. And now, as if all of this hasn’t been enough my wife brought our daughter home this evening with one of these little balloon-animals (those which are made of these long tube-like Balloons) which -of course- popped when she tried to put it on the shelf.

Now I was at least 4m away but this room has only tiles and is very reflective for sound. I had my one ear covered with a phone and one finger loosely on the other but still I am super worried -again- that this could have done further damage.... it did not sound that loud though...anybody got an idea if the dB-Level correlated with the size of the balloon (so smaller balloon = less energy = less noise?!)

I feel like someone’s decided to just f* me up and just throws everything at me that could make my tinnitus worse

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      Breathe... non of these incidents even if they all occurred 5 minutes from each other could cause damage. Period. Put the decibel meter down and have a drink. You know the prednisone weakens your immune system, puts you in a manic state. Have you wondered about your daughter? Her ears are more delicate than even those of us with T I doubt she is worrying about this. Also, there isn't one, not even one single study that says because you have hearing loss that you are more susceptible to more hearing loss or worsening T (more easily than anyone else).

What's happening is negatively reinforced self fulfilling prophecy.

I hope you can find a way to relax.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are - again - a great help. Worst part is: i kinda know that. But the anxiety just takes over sometimes. If I ever meet you in person i‘ll buy you a beer (or two :) )

• Like Like x 1
    4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Hope you feel better soon

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Now my left ear is clogged on the inside and I have to fly tomorrow. What the f is this?!!

6. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Some days my ears get clogged too, just because. It will go away if i give it a little time. Did yours go away yet?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It went back and forth over the day. Right now it’s a bit better than it was this morning but i still can feel that there’s mucus or liquid in my eustichian tubes. Been inhaling saline solution twice today and will do a third time before I go to bed. Lets see what that does....

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Update: flight went without any problems. But i‘m still having mucus/liquid in my eustichian tubes, especially in my right ear. It also hurts a bit but ENT says he can’t see any signs for infection or inflammation. Had some weird new tones for 5-10 seconds 4 or 5 times since yesterday in that ear though.
      ENT said I could try cortisone nosespray or just wait....