I’m at a Rave

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Djstarkiss, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      why?

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All of you making fun of Bill for protecting himself are ridiculous losers, like way bigger losers than even me. About 5 months into this monstrosity I went to a church, not a rave, a church, and got a spike that easily doubled my tinnitus level and increased my hyperacusis significantly. Before that happened, I could wake up to ZERO tinnitus sometimes, but after that it was always there. Now I've had near silence again but only after flying around the world and spending thousands of dollars and enduring a literal assload of pain getting PRP injected into my eardrums over and over and over and over and over.

• Like Like x 3
    3. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      There's a thread bashing Bill Bauer on here and on reddit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. PureNoise

PureNoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So it can go away or fade and I can safely go to bars and nightclubs with ear plugs without it getting worse?

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is not straight answer to that. You could be on the very edge of causing more damage and that one night out could push you over. None of us can see exactly what damage is in our inner ears and how many nerve fibers are just barely hanging on. I went to a bar about 1.5 months ago with ear plugs in and it wasnt very loud and I was ok. Nightclubs? I wouldnt.

6. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been on this site for about 9 months and I've seen nothing from him that I would consider egregious. I don't 100 million trillion trillion trillion billion% agree with every post he's made but what's the deal with his posts? He advocates being careful, which is actually the best possible position anyone in our condition can take.

Even if fx-322 or the like comes out and restores some of our hearing and quiets our tinnitus, guess what? Our new connections WILL NOT be as strong as the ones we were born with and we will still have to be very careful, if not more careful.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. BreachOfEuphoria
      Thinking

BreachOfEuphoria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Bill Bauer is a good contribution to this site. He is constructive.

It's funny how there is always a small poisonous army of small rodents on here that like to spread their vile.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    8. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      yeah I have haters too. Some guy called me the guy who freaks out over a couple of dead synapses

9. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Who wouldn't freak out over dead synapses when those dead synapses can be why you have Tinnitus and broken hearing. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think these devices will cure anyone; they're a palliative aid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. PureNoise

PureNoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Agreed. I’m hopeful my tinnitus can fade to silence. I personally know a doctor who had their tinnitus go away after 12-15 months.

12. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      In short, no. We don't even know how loud the bar is, or how protective the earplugs are.

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Djstarkiss
      Badass

Djstarkiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      DJing @ two shows back to back weekends in August. If any of you want to go, let me know!!!

@Bill Bauer you down?

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      There are less risks going to the grocery store without ear protections than going to a rave party with ear protections. Sometimes you have to understand you are part of a population that's more at risk and act accordingly, does that mean you have to give up a normal life? I certainly hope not.

That said not protecting your ears at an early onset of T (6 months or earlier) while being exposed to loud noises (anything louder than 60-65db at this stage) and taking unnecessary risks during that time period is the epitome of stupidity.

The ears (at least the parts that are only damaged and not dead) do heal, albeit very slowly, it can take up to 2 years, but if you don't give them the chance to and keep exposing them to loud noises, not only will the damaged cells never heal, but they (strongly) risk getting worse and die off (this causing further irreversible damage) and that's how you go from "manageable" mild or moderate tinnitus to a permanent, lifetime suffering of severe debilitating "please kill me!!" level of tinnitus.

I personally wouldn't take the risk. Would you?

Once you are past the acute trauma period, then you can stop being overprotective and start being careful, which you will have to be, unfortunately, for the rest of your days. That probably means no Rave for you either (or other T afflicted subjects), but you can most likely get to enjoy going at a pub without wearing ear protections.

Remember, you only have one pair of ears, you'll regret them once they are gone.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ENTs know as much about Tinnitus today as 14th century healers knew about the Bubonic plague.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Funny Funny x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Djstarkiss
      Badass

Djstarkiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Here’s the reality. I can either have fun now and suffer later or skip everything I love and suffer now and probably later also.

I’d rather continue DJing / raving / playing airsoft / riding my motorcycle / shooting guns / wearing headphones... Than sit in my house and feel sorry for myself because I got a little hum in my drum...

Maybe later I’ll regret it but fuk it... one thing I won’t regret is not missing out on shit I enjoy.

If that makes you jealous or salty I’m taking this approach to my tinnitus sorry but this my journey and I’m being kind enough to share it with you.

BBL got loud music to listen too...

• Like Like x 2
    18. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Djstarkiss You know what, you should do anything that you are comfortable doing. It’s your life and we are all different. I mean it. I’m super anxious about my tinnitus and my hyperacusis, but not everybody have to be.

But infact. I agree with JohnAdams. Stop making fun of people in here. That’s not ok. We are all here for some support!

Otherwise, live life! You only got one! Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I don't think people have so much of an issue with how you're living your life but that it seems like you're looking down on people who are not coping with tinnitus the way you can. For example you saying you don't want to stay at home and feel sorry for yourself but for many people with severe tinnitus and severe pain-hyperacusis there's no other option currently. There are also many people who can't even work anymore because of tinnitus or pain-hyperacusis, they're not just whiny and feeling sorry for themselves, they are debilitated by a severe, physical condition.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I’m not going to tell you what to do and not to do.

But we have had people with that attitude here before, and it didn’t end well.....

If you are going to do these things. Please at least protect your ears.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's not about jealousy, I am not jealous in any way shape or form, there are however better ways to enjoy, and keep enjoying life, than putting your ears further at risk, because, once you get a severe Tinnitus (which I hope you won't, because I wouldn't wish this on anybody), then you will be the one that's jealous, because others won't be living a life of hell.

If you call what you have "suffering", think again, once you have such a debilitating tinnitus that you can't even focus enough to read our posts, then you will know what suffering can truly be like, because, yes, that, unfortunately, can happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      I can do that! A second chance.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      All I know is that I had quite loud T which woke me up from sleep every few minutes, and then H that felt like a knitting needle was going through my brain every time the microwave beeped.

Thankfully, that has all faded into the background, but you could not pay me enough to go to a rock concert even with my choice of hearing prevention.

Let's just say, been there, done that, and not going back.

Then again, life is full of choices, and everyone gets to make their choices, for themselves.

24. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      OK... good luck with that.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Genius Genius x 1
    25. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      Tinnitus will indeed be forever, even after it's been successfully treated, because we will always have the propensity for it to reoccur.

The real future of tinnitus research is, as with all other medical conditions, prevention.

For some reason, unlike the majority of the rest of the population exposed to the same auditory insults, we develop tinnitus. Why is that?

If the answer lay within our genes, as is quite possible, then only a re-engineering of these genes will ensure that tinnitus and its potential is eliminated forever.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    26. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      I think that Palliative is bad kind of word, if Lenire works then it's something that could hold us over to survive longer. And maybe if we're lucky then survive as long as we have to see new treatments, or cure or something.

Anything that will reduce the actual volume and disrupt the tinnitus behaviour will probably change our mood instantly and help us to be more optimistic about the future. We just desperately need this first thing. I don't know if it's Lenire and bi-modal stimulation as a whole but we're gonna see this summer. If it is then i hope that they will ramp up production of the devices and create a clinic in the central Europe to avoid flight :p (With my luck i would probably harm myself by flying somehow. Barotrauma, noise or something else)

If not, then i don't want to think what... I need something to help me now. It's 8 years and I'm losing it.

27. Coffeebean

Coffeebean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Good to hear that you are not letting this condition rule your life, and that you are living it to the fullest while at the same time being careful (but not fearful!) with your custom earplugs. I know that a lot of people reach this stage, but they usually do not stick around on these forums.

Thank you for sharing your positive story and showing that tinnitus does not have to limit your life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @Drone Draper
      Do you know where I can find it in Austria? I asked in tinnitus centre in Vienna, they said no, and a different doctor said that they give caroverin infusions in Germany. I don't know... I know it may not work but I wanted to try.

29. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      From my perspective, nobody is looking down on people that have severe issues to the point they're bedridden. Maybe a large percentage of people that that post here for years on end DO have severe issues.

BUT! Those people are actually the MINORITY. Many more people LURK here, or just read this site. The sites OWNERS have said the many many times in the three years I've posted here. Most of the unique users are heavy users for a short time, and then move on.

Statistically, this means that a message to push through the depression, and get your life back - is probably the most important message this site can have.

It's the only reason I still post here. The version of myself dealing with the freak out phase needed positivity. Reading warnings about ever going out passed back and forth by people that never go out wasn't helping. It's not to make you feel bad. It's to make someone else feel good.

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Djstarkiss
      Badass

Djstarkiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I just did my first DJ gig since tinnitus. It’s been 8 months of a break and I feel fine / the same... I took a dB meter to the gig. That dance floor was mostly 100-130 dB but I kept the DJ booth 85-100 dB while I was DJing... I had -16 dB earplugs in :)

I have a hearing test when I get home & then another show next weekend. Feels good to crack on with life... tho I didn’t hang out in the club. I stayed out front till it was my turn to play, then left straight away after!!

• Like Like x 2