I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Povilas, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Povilas

Povilas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-09
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I WANT TO KILL MYSELF OR RIP MY EARS OFF.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @Povilas and sorry for your suffering. Tinnitus is not a easy ailment but it is not an end game either. I hope you can post more specifics about your tinnitus and it possible causes plus any treatments or strategies you have tried. Post it out on the main Support Forum. This will allow more members to help support you. Have you tried CBT, TRT etc. If you are talking about harming yourself, perhaps you need to look at some of the treatment drugs which even though with possible side effects have helped those who suffer badly, like Trobalt, Xanax, even Benzos like Klonopin. New drugs are also being researched and tested on right now, such as AM-101, OTO-311, RL-81, SF0034 etc. So the medical/pharmaceutical world is catching up on tinnitus with these new drugs on the horizon. Check out the Treatment section on TT for more detail.

Hang in there. T is not an end game. I have ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyeracusis a few years back and I had suicidal ideations like you. I was attacked every day with relentless anxiety and panic attacks. Having been a victim of anxiety and panic disorder as well as PTSD after losing my young son in a freak accident, my nerves were severely weakened before T & H. So when T & H hit hard, I was in a physical and mental mess and I never thought I would recover nor see good life again. The future seemed dark and so hopeless. But today I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story like many members do, and I listed some helpful strategies to help me turnaround the tyranny of T & H on my life. For brevity, I provide the link to my success story. Hope you will read up as many success stories as you can to give you hope that T is not an end game and many members prove that. We have empathy for you suffering as we have been where you are. Feel free to post your rants and feelings here. You are never alone and we understand. Take good care. God bless.

My success story link:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. rid0871

rid0871 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may of 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      had my neck adjusted
      hi there billie48
      I was wondering in you have any hearing loss?
      thank you
      Rick

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, I have hearing loss in the high frequency and so my T is very high pitch, something like the dentist drill with 10 times the pitch. Sigh. But I get used to that over time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. rid0871

rid0871 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may of 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      had my neck adjusted
      can mine be from 35 to 40db in the 4000 6000 8000 range i can hear the tone but only at 40db
      i ask all the Dr. s and they just say I dont know. I also feel off i can watch fast tv shows anymore. this all started 15 months ago after getting my neck popped. its really destoyed me also the H which came later. do you know how close they are to a real treatment?
      thanks
      Rick

6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I believe @rid0871 that this is not the best place to hijack a thread asking @billie48 various urelated stuff.

The OP really seems at a loss and created a thread so that people may send him some advice and love.
      I hope he gives his tinnitus time (that's the only healing option right now) and it would not be a bad idea if he visited a hospital or called a friend - if indeed he is feeling suicidal.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I don't think ripping your ears off will help much. You'll just have tinnitus, no ears and a lot of pain.

8. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello @Povilas ,
      I felt that way for many months but I don't feel that way now. I wanted to kill myself or rip my ears off.
      Do you have hearing loss? What type of medical treatment have you received? Have you been to an audiologist, ENT, therapist?

• Like Like x 1