I Caught a Cold at the Open Window

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Dec 27, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Friends, yesterday I closed the window loosely and, since we have a cold winter (-23 C), ice formed on the window and it did not close until the end. I decided to fix it in the evening. And having opened a window in a T-shirt and slippers, he began to beat the ice from the window. I somehow did not think to wear something warm. Apparently the wind blew me. (-23 °).

At night, I felt a small fever.

In the morning, the nose began to puff up and the neck fell ill. What do you advise? I took vitamin C, I also have an immunomodulator based on human interferon alfa-2b. Yes, we in Russia, sell this freely. I'm afraid of otitis or meningitis.

2. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You must have caught your cold from something else, exposure to cold weather can't actually get you get sick, keep in mind the incubation period for cold viruses is usually 48-72 hours. Zinc, ginger root extract, black seed oil, glutamine, and turkey tail is the new combination I've been using lately when I start feeling symptoms, and knock on wood I haven't actually gotten sick yet. Good luck, hope you feel better.

-Ross

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      "Allegra-D (fexofenadine hcl and pseudoephedrine hcl) is a combination of an antihistamine and a decongestant used to treat sneezing, cough, runny or stuffy nose, itchy or watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold."

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I believe this is a myth. Exposure to cold Itself doesn't make you sick, but it interferes with your ability to fight the bugs that are present in your body, and as a result one is more likely to end up with a cold.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Cold weather can weaken your immune system, but one would still have to be exposed to a virus to begin with... Simply being cold will not get you sick.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      True. But if there is a chance that the immune system is weakened, the probability that one will get sick will be higher...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Of course, inflammation is caused by a response of immunity to a virus or bacterium. But, hypothermia instantly reduces local immunity, moreover, in the cold, bacteria actively multiply. Therefore, hypothermia is one of the key factors. Simply for us, apparently, the cold - these are different things. In the US and Europe a very mild winter, we have the same -30 ° C and wind

8. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I start off with chicken soup and hot tea with honey than later have bread and a glass of orange juice. Also put a warm towel on head. And I would take a cold or flu remedy. And I would start wearing Russian wool/fur clothing to keep warm