I Don't Know Why I Was So Stupid and Went to a Loud Meeting...

Discussion in 'Support' started by vaseto99, Feb 20, 2018.

1. vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      From 2 days my tinnitus has spiked so loud I wish it could just go to the normal state...

I don't know why I was so stupid. I went to a loud meeting without protection, drank 4 glasses of wine while taking melatonin, magnesium...

I don't know anymore what to do I just wish it could go back to the normal state and let me have some rest
      :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know how you feel. Mine has also spiked recently. Feel like I have to learn to cope all over again :(

3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Although, the loud meeting is probably the main cause, I had a really severe ten day spike last year after taking Magnesium Citrate. Another forum member did, also. What type of magnesium are you taking and how long have you been taking it?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      I've been taking it for some weeks now. Used to take it some months ago too. It's magnesium natural sea with some vitamins in it

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hopefully it will be just a temporary spike. Temporary spikes can last for over three months. If things go back to normal, I hope you will take this experience into account, and act accordingly. Keep in mind that earplugs don't always work, so it is probably a good idea to stay away from any loud events/places, especially during the first year or two after the onset of your T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      If it lasts over 3 months, it's not a spike, but a new baseline..... Spikes at most last few hours to a few days maybe 1 week + max......

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would agree with your statement above, if by the end of three months it is as loud as it was during the first month.

I have had a spike that lasted for over three months. It kept fading, gradually. By month three, it was louder than my original baseline, but it was quieter compared to the volume level during the first month. That spike ended sometime during the fourth month after it had began...
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/head-movement-spikes-tinnitus.25179/#post-290614
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/poll-how-long-do-your-tinnitus-spikes-usually-last.23110/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/poll-how-long-was-your-longest-spike.22099/

8. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wonder why my spikes last only a few hours to 2-5 days max ....I have had dishes break, glasses break, motorcycles pass me by, cars honk at me.... I'll tell you why, because i don't dwell on the noise and keep my stress at bay.

Certain situations can make the tinnitus longer and keep them longer
      Having a physical issue like neck problems/tmj or having on-going stress and possibly being on medication can possibly cause the spike/louder tinnitus to continue on longer than usual. The Op mentions going to a loud meeting, drinking wine and taking vitamins. Under normal circumstances, a spike should resume from a few hours to a few days (1 week + max). Stress is one factor that keep a spike going and stress can bring on a spike as well....

I have broken glass accidentally, I had my bluetooth speak today go on accidentally on max volume, I have accidentally blasted my bose car stereo on max, I have had tons of loud accidents and non of them either gave me a spike or kept my spike for longer than 2(maybe)-5 days max.

I take no medication, I control my stress.....

There is a reason why a spike comes in the first place and how long it stays....( tinnitus (most cases) has a reason...spikes have reasons...majority of the cases have some reason...)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Nobody will ever know whether that is the real reason.

Some people never have spikes. Others have their T react to every/most sound.

10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why do they re-act to every sound? You tell me....

11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I honestly have no idea. I don't think anyone has any idea.

• Agree Agree x 1