I Don't Understand Why I'm Getting More Sensitive

Discussion in 'Support' started by A123Lon, Oct 16, 2017.

1. A123Lon
      Dramaqueen

A123Lon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I've had tinnitus for about 4 years now. Before I didn't do much to protect my ears. It was only about a year ago that I started going on nights out with ear plugs in every time, stopped using headphones and starting using ear plugs on the tube.

But now the tiniest thing can trigger a spike. I produce music and sometimes need to listen to things on headphones to see how they sound. I did it today and now I can't sleep because my tinnitus had jumped up massively and I can already feel that I'm gonna have sinuses problems this week now.

Wtf happened? I don't get it? I'm being more careful and it's getting worse. I now have week long recoveries where I feel physically ill if I do something that causes a spike.

I don't really have anything else I wanna do with my life that isn't music, so weeks where this happen really make my depression & anxiety go wild & I start to REALLY hate my life.

I was thinking of saving up to go to the tinnitus clinic in London for a cure, but I don't know if it's all bullshit and it actually does nothing for the £4,500 they charge!! I'm not rich enough to find out my trial & error.

Can someone give me any kind of insight or advice?

2. Joel31

Joel31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I feel ya. I have had huge spikes in mine the last year or so. Some weeks have been at the point where I haven't even noticed it and others are rather debilitating with insane high pitches that I can't handle and my ears are in intense pain. I wish it would just stay at my comfortable level but it doesn't. I think for me it may be an underlying health issue raising the spikes. For one, I do web design so I am at the PC 18 or more hrs per day. This is not good for my health.. aching neck and back, sore muscles. Also, I have had bad lots of anxiety (panic attack the other day), and after that I also noticed a huge increase in levels of tinnitus. It's one thing to have general tinnitus that you can kind of deal with on a day to day basis, but when the spikes happen it is tough mate. I have been to the doctor several times in the last 4 months and it is always waved off and ignored. For me, it's impacted my life hugely, and the only real support you will get a lot of the time is from people that actually suffer from it themselves. It's like explaining anxiety to someone that has never experienced it. They will have no idea, so I guess they won't care too much because it's not happening to them. Try to relax, and remember that they are spikes. They should settle to a comfortable level eventually. I can't gaurantee it will settle, but it does for me. Stress and anxiety has a huge impact also.

3. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Clinical trials were inconclusive. I personally trialled it and it did nothing. It's only designed for tonal tinnitus (one pure tone). I would save the money for something else.