I Got Tinnitus After Wearing Senner Earplugs to a Gig — Inadequate Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Simon G, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Simon G

Simon G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Defective hearing protection
      I bought some highly rated Senner earplug protection off Amazon 16 months ago.

After using them only once at a gig, I've had chronic tinnitus ever since. My lawyer cannot establish liability of the product as it has lots of positive reviews. I know that Amazon has a huge problem with misleading consumers with fake positive reviews and I think this is the case with this product.

Does anyone else have any experience of buying something off Amazon like Senner earplugs causing tinnitus?

I have also noticed since today Senner which was a top rated Amazon product brand with lots of earplugs have disappeared from Amazon UK as well.

2. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      • Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Simon G

Simon G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Defective hearing protection
      They are the Senner MusicPro ones. So not for sleep. There is some information where is says it reduces by 20-28 dB depending on Hz.

4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know about these specific plugs, but sadly earplugs do not provide perfect protection. Even with the NRR rating, you need to get it adjusted, so in real life circumstances, you don't get the protection listed, so it can make you feel false security. If the music is too loud and you are prone to it, even with the best ear pro, you can end up with tinnitus.

5. Martinf
      Balanced

Martinf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello,

The earplugs isn't the reason why you got tinnitus. It just happened by coincidence.

You'd still have got tinnitus even without the earplugs or even if you hadn't gone to that gig.