I HATE MY ENTs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Negima, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Negima

Negima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 11. 2015
      I have been to 4 different ENTs and all of them refused to give me Prednisone. It's been 22 days since I had Tinnitus, all they gave me are worthless crap like Otobiotic drops and Sudafeds, I asked for steroids and they refuse to give me that.

The worst part is, during the 3rd day of my Tinnitus, I was already aware that Predinsone was effective because of this forum, but now it's already 3 weeks that has passed.

Alright guys, I'm going to take Prednisone myself without consulting anymore ENT, what is the recommended dosage? What is the worst side effect that could happen? I am going to take this risk rather than regretting this all my life.

3 weeks has passed since I had Tinnitus but my audio result is considered "normal", is there a chance that Prednisone will still have any effects?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Steroids in the UK arnt given out that easy or for tinnitus.

Steroids are for sever inflamation in the joints and for lung /breathing problems .

I need them as a sever asthmatic but dont help my tinnitus but that might be due to what caused my tinnitus.
      You need to see a doctor and please dont use steroids without their consent ......lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      There is a window of opportunity where steroids could be of value, particularly if sudden hearing loss is also present, and nearly all of us have some demonstrable hearing loss, even if its only observed via audiology testing and not really evident in everyday sound. Most ENTs are either not interested, or not in the current thinking loop. I question the value of seeing an ENT at all. Unfortunately we are to complex for general medicine, ENT's like surgery and surgical options for us are limited, if they exist at all, and Neuros are focused on the brain. In short we are still lying in the cracks we have been allowed to fall through medically.

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Prednisone is usually indicated for sudden onset sensorineural hearing loss caused by acoustic trauma or unknown cause. If the audiogram looks normal it will likely not help.

3 weeks is on the late side of things.

5. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I've taken prednisone for 10 years for other conditions and it does nothing for my tinnitus. I do think most ENT's are worthless though;)

6. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Prednisone never made a difference to me.

7. Inge
      Cool

Inge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine withdrawal
      Take the supplement NAC. This is what the V A gives veterans recently exposed to acoustic trauma. Will only work if you have hearing damage.

8. Inge
      Cool

Inge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine withdrawal
      The ent I saw first told me to live with it. The audiologist I saw second was even more cruel. After I expressed my distress to her she told me people cut off their ears or kill themselves over T. She had no emotion. Needless to say I left her office crying. There are so many s**t doctors out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I take steroids and never helped my tinnitus at all.
      Maybe because my tinnitus is not sound relaed.
      I need a strong dose if inhaled steroid daily and they also dont help my tinnitus ...lots of love glynis

10. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      What steroid doses did you all use? Pred comes in some pretty inconsequential doses as well as larger doses. There's other Cortisone variants, and you can get some mighty IV doses of things as well. I wonder if there's a dose-related factor?