I Have a Big Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hopeful1, May 31, 2016.

1. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      My tinnitus got slightly louder since 2 days ago after an hours swimming...I just have a massive spike for no reason after lying in bed...1 hour back it was ok...i am scared...

I did have 500 ml of diet coke today which has caffeine in it i had it as there is no evidence that caffeine has any effect on T!!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Hopful 1.
      Tinnitus spikes can come and go for many reasons and for no reason .
      It's coping through the tough times that gives us strength when it happens again knowing it will pass.
      Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.....lots of love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      @glynis Thank you very much indeed.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I've had spikes for seemingly no reason. It still happens. I'm fortunate because I have lived through them before. You will be okay @Hopeful1. I don't know if it was the diet coke but I don't think so. When I first got tinnitus I gave up caffeine, alcohol, salt, sugar and sugar substitutes on the advice of my ENT. Now, I enjoy everything except salt and sugar substitutes (they are both really bad for you anyway) in moderation and it doesn't affect my tinnitus. This morning I got up, had a cup of real coffee and went to the gym. You are very new to tinnitus and it is a frightening thing for newbies--I know, I was there. Please, just try to live your life the way you used to. The sooner you can get back to a little bit of normalcy the better off you will be. Do not chase cures and do not be scared by everything. Just be sure to protect your ears--wear ear protection at any loud event. A loud event is if you have to raise your voice to talk to a person very close.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      @Kathi Thank you for replying.

I will stop the sugar substitutes.

I am usually the extra careful boring guy. I just did one mistake in my life which is falling in love with dancing....and that is it....i got T after a loud party even though i had ear plugs for protection + a bit of depression....and i no longer go close to anything that is more than 50 db.

6. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      The sugar substitutes are mostly chemicals and not good for anyone. I've learned to have iced tea and coffee without any sugar. I'm sorry you got tinnitus--I really am--and if there is anything I can do to help please private message me as I don't post a lot anymore--but I do check in weekly for private messages. The reason I don't post as much is that I am at a point where thinking about tinnitus makes it more noticeable--but don't worry as I don't have the stress reaction anymore and can tolerate the noise. Since you love to dance I will tell you one of my favorite sayings:

Dance like no one is watching... :)

Love,

Kat

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Thank you once again @Kathi

8. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      You are very welcome. :)

9. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are going through AM-101 now right? How long ago were your last injections?

10. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I sometimes get spikes after I take a I shower. I have no idea why this happens as my shower is not loud. It used to freak me out but now I just roll with the punches because I'm used to it happening now.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I had my injections 3 weeks back....just woke up in the middle of the night in panic with this spike