I Have No Idea What Is Going On

Discussion in 'Support' started by Veryconfused, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Veryconfused

Veryconfused Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So this came out of nowhere.

I have very little hearing in my left ear. And of course tinnitus. This has happened before, both as a result of eustachian tube dysfunction, and ear wax. I haven't been on allergy medicine in six weeks, so it could be either, i guess, but I've been doing hydrogen peroxide in my ear and nothing is coming out. I'm really unhappy. I've been doing nasal decongestant for a while now but it's not helping.

Part of the problem is that I'm in the Czech Republic right now and my only option really is to go to the hospital, but i have an awful aversion/fear, in large part due to past health problems.

I've tried the eustachian tube unblocking methods as well and nothing is helping. I really, really don't want to go to the hospital--and I've avoided it for over a week as I've gradually lost my hearing--but I'm miserable and just want to regain my hearing. I probably sound like an idiot for not going, but it's a really, really difficult thing for me.

I don't know what to do.

2. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      Prednisone could have helped you if you had gone early enough to the hospital...

Now you are facing this hell for the rest of your life because of not liking hospitals :(

I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

3. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I wouldn't jump too conclusions, could be something as simple as ear way. I know when my ears were blocked with wax I was deaf!
      Removed the wax and had the hearing of a bat.

Best thing too do is get checked at the hospital.

4. Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      I'm very sorry to hear about your struggling. But honestly, i don't think that anyone here will be able to give you an exact answer on what you should do to get better. And the truth of it is, these type of problems with sudden hearingloss should be taken very seriously, and I urge you to go see a doctor as soon as possible. If it is something other than earwax or something other trivial, your hesitation of getting help might result in permanent damage. Ask yourself this, will you be able to live with the knowledge of maybe have been able of preventing permanent hearing loss but instead choosing not to get help?

I don't want to scare you or anything, but if i were you i'd contact a doctor asap. Go there with someone you trust if that helps with your fear, and convince yourself that it's for your own good. :) I truly hope that you'll be better soon and wish you the best of luck!