I Just Developed a New Tinnitus Sound!

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 1, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hello I'm Carlo, 17 years old. I've had tinnitus for a month from listening to loud music in high school everyday. It went from mild (only hearing in the quiet) to listening to it all day! I've had a few hours where I don't notice it but that is very rare. Well anyways, last night, I just got a new sound. It was in the middle of the night around 2 and I was dreaming only to be the awakened by a sound in the dream. It sounds so much like an amber alert! It wasn't too loud thankfully. I did manage to sleep 5 hours last night. Doesn't sound like much I know but trust me, its the best night I had for the past week. But since this morning, I now I have two sounds!!!! I have beeeeeeepp. And now this recent one like I said sounds so like an amber alert. It's annoying. So far, the amber alert noise has overshadowed the beep for most of the day but I can still hear both at times. Both of them seem to be reactive. I'm scared! Will I continue to develop new noises later down the road!? I'm scared that I will reach a point where I will feel suicidal. I'm can't sleep or enjoy my day enough as it is! Is this going to make habituation a lot harder?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Carloz,
      Tinnitus can change sound and strength and add sounds to what you have already but should revert back to your normal base sound.
      Try do what you can to relax and minimise stress and stay positive and try push to be happy.

Keep sound on around you to help mask the sound of your tinnitus.
      Keep posting for support...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      glynis hello. Thank you! Do you think it is possible to habituate to multiple tones?

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Hey man
      ... Many people with multi tones can habituate and I've seen numerous people on this site who have achieved success. I just developed a new tone in August(I'll just say I have more than 2…) and I know how devastating it can feel. For me I thought, "god damn I have been pushed back to square one". I'm not going bs you and claim I'm doing great... But I know its possible to live with this! What other choice do we have(you only have one chance to live)? Take care and try to relax and take your mind away from T. video games , TV, jerk off (or get laid), eat some good food! And if you need meds - don't be afraid to seek help.
      B

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Don't worry about having multiple tones, I don't think that it makes a difference. You will know for sure when you you get that one pitch that will drive you insane (may never happen). I have many many sounds, but it's just the one pitch that feels like it's burning up my ears and slicing my brain into pieces. its only that one pitch that hurts me, the rest of the white noise, clicks, beeps etc I could really care less about, they just sound like noises. This isn't like any exterior noise that any human could hear, it's something straight out of hell it seems.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Carloz,
      I agree with Soulstation .
      As you get use to your own sounds you will start to habituate and you also will learn coping techniques as you go along.

Remember we have no control over tinnitus but we have total control over what makes us happy...lots of love glynis

7. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      can you share about what coping techniques you are talking ? what helps you ?

8. Carlos
      Surrender

Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Im Carlos, I got tinnitus when I was 18. I got t. from loud noise exposure. I habituated my first 6 years and now im 25, and in the last year a new higher pitch has started in my left ear, and I recently started hearing t. in my right. Im also trying to seek a way to lower my t. I just want you to know that you are not alone. I hope there is a cure one day and we are all able to find happiness. T. is painful but it opens up our understanding of other people who suffer with all types of disabilities and makes us more humble.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1