I Need Someone to Help Me Figure Out What's Going on with My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tiyaiman97, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Tiyaiman97

Tiyaiman97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Hi everyone! I've been having problems with my ears a little over 6 months , it started off as just dizziness (no ringing). I would have dizzy spells that last about 5 - 10 seconds , it gets really bad on days it is hot.

The dizziness got so bad that I passed out in the bathroom and woke up with my mom standing over me a couple days later I woke up and my ears felt very full (I had a severe panic attack) when that happened. I took a nap and woke up it was gone...the dizziness stayed.

The dizziness doesn't bother me much because it only lasts about 10secs and it only happens when I'm laying down getting out of bed.

So anyway , 2 months later the fullness came back and it has been fluctuating from right to left (it stays longer in my right ear vs left ear) I've also developed a whooshing sound when I get my dizzy spells (sounds like a ocean) it only lasts during I have my dizzy specials (which around about 10secs) then it goes away.

I also had two episodes of the ringing sound for about 10 secs (it was random) I wasn't dizzy when I heard it.

I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks my doctor keeps bringing this up but there is reason for my ears to be acting this way.

I've blasted music in my ears with earbuds for about 6 years (over 15 hours a day) I took a hearing test my hearing is fine.

It's just fullness and dizzy spells along with the whooshing sound could this be from cochlea hair damage or Eustachian tube dysfunction?

I'm worried if I don't do anything about this it will just get worse.

2. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      can you possibly have mieneres disease?

3. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      To me the dizziness sounds like orthostatic hypotension if it is only present when you move from lying to standing position. I experienced the same thing as a side effect to the antidepressants I was taking at the time.
      I don't know about the fullness in your ear/ringing, though.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would see ENT or your doctor to rule out inner ear problems like Menieres.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Aegaeon

Aegaeon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      In your first post you mentioned that you get fullness, dizziness and the whooshing sound when you lift your head.
      BPPV is a very common cause of dizziness that is triggered by changes in the position of the head and lasts usually a few seconds. I think auditory symptoms are absent though in this case.
      Of course Ménière’s disease must be ruled out first.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Definitely check for Menière's.
      In the meantime, take it easy and avoid loud sounds. Give a break to your ears.
      What did ENT doctors say?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tiyaiman97

Tiyaiman97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      She told me to take Flonase and try to pop my ears. My ears have been full for months and when I yawn it goes away for 10secs then I swallow it goes back to feeling full. I woke up this morning it feels like I have a cotton ball in my ear

8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      OK. Be gentle when popping your ear (I suppose you are talking about the Valsalva maneuver). You can damage your ear if you pop "too hard".