I Need to Get My Anxiety Sorted Somehow

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Just had a caffeinated black tea ginger beverage at around 4PM, couldn't of had more than 100mg of caffeine in it, but after drinking it I realize it has caffeine and precede to freak out that I wont get any sleep tonight, which would suck as I'm already tired/sick/tinnitus blah blah blah and down the rabbit hole. I've even had coffee before bed and slept fine before and yet this still freaks me out somehow, it's as if no rational thought has any effect. I can't believe how fragile my mind is right now it's unreal and completely exhausting.

I'm about as close to considering meds as I've ever been. Been doing therapy but it's so slow and as of yet has had little effect.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Ambien.

3. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      Hey Falconfox (cool name by the way) I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with things right now. It takes me back to where I was in April, May, June, and July......Not fun at all.

I was seriously considering anti-anxiety meds or anti-depressants at that time, something I would normally never even dream of. I personally believe SSRI's are poison, but again that's only my opinion.

All I can really say here is that I, like many others on this forum, understand exactly where you're at. I'm still not habituated, but I'm miles ahead of where I was a couple months ago, and I never used any medications, aside from cannabis.

Whether you decide to use meds or not is totally your call, but I made it through the worst of it without them, so don't believe it can't be done. Things are very very tough for you right now, I totally understand that, and I understand how difficult it is to believe that this will ever get better, but it will. You'll find things to fill your time, your mind will become less fixated on it, and you'll move on with your life. You won't be the same as you were before, and I understand that that's an incredibly tough pill to swallow, but life can still be good.

The only constant is change, and while I know that this isn't at all the change you wanted, it is NOT the end of the world. Trust me, I know, I really do, that right now it feels like this will never get better, but it will. Slowly overtime you'll find things that help, things that don't, and reasons to continue on.

Have faith bud, if all things go well, pharmaceutical help may be right around the corner. There is more T/hearing research going on now than there EVER has been before. It's a big problem that will only get bigger as time goes on, and big pharma is always hungry for more money....

Hang in there Falcon. Please don't hesitate to private message me if you'd like. As I said before, I'm not totally habituated, but I'll more than happily share the info I've gathered thus far as well as give the best support I can to help out.

Take care, reach out anytime....
      -Steve

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @SteveSkis92 Thank you so much for your kind words, I'll be looking back over this post for the next few weeks for support I'm sure. From all the posts I've read I've gathered that the #1 healing factor in all this is time and therefore I gotta practice patience especially in regards to myself.

5. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      You are absolutely right friend, time heals all. I'll be honest....Do I still have moments where I sit down, hear my T, and get upset about it? Yes. Absolutely. BUT, that used to be an all day, everyday thing. Now when it happens, I sit down, I have my moment, and then all of the sudden, before I can even realize I'm NOT thinking about T, I'm focusing on other things. I still laugh, I still smile, and I still love my family and friends.

This is a tough tough thing Falcon, please don't think I'm minimizing that or your struggle right now. I totally understand where you are with it and the emotions that come along with that. I remember the empty feeling in my chest and stomach. I remember the sleepless nights and stressful days. I remember being so anxious that even my favorite foods tasted like styrofoam, and anytime I smiled I almost felt guilty for it......but that has for the most part passed. I'm not better, smarter, or stronger than you, I'm just further down the path that you're on right now. I assure you, one day you'll be going through threads here on TT, you'll see someone struggling, and YOU will be the one sending love and support.

You are stronger and more resilient than you realize in this moment Falcon, I promise. Hang in there!

-Steve

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @SteveSkis92
      So you know, I had a tough day today. I read this again and it pretty much made me cry, in a good way. Just wanted to thank you again, it really helps.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Falconfox,
      Dont feel ashamed if need medical help to help anxiety as they do help and with tinnitus sometimes its needed.
      You are doing really well and stronger than you think so hang in their and hope a relaxing day....take care .lots of love glynis