I Stupidly Triggered the Alarm at the Office

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I feel soo stupid, because I've been careful all this time, and now this...

I've been exposed to loud sounds before and I haven't had a spike. Maybe because my tinnitus doesn't come from noise exposure who knows?

This time the alarm went off for more than 15 seconds and it was louder and louder than ever
      of course I covered my ears and left in less than 3 seconds, but of course it isn't enough sometimes.

I know it's too soon to expect an spike but I feel so terrible, and sad, I'm gonna quit the job at the office tomorrow.

I don't wanna be near to that shit again.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sometimes I feel like I need a hug from someone who understands this shit, I'm at peace with my tinnitus, I have created a safe space and a functional working happy life even with this, but the fear of it getting worse can be devastating sometimes...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Life is hard sometimes Mario. It can kick our ass in a heartbeat, but I'm sure you'll get past this. I know I wasn't there, but if you covered your ears and left, I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

Sometimes we need to talk to people with T to vent and get things off our chest. People without T just don't seem to get it, so I know where you're coming from. Try not to worry buddy, you'll be alright.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Drink a beer and relax.

3 sec exposure, why worry?

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Happy report no spike,
      this has been the loudest incident i have had, the sounds was around 120db.
      bit it was quick.
      gosh i think my tinnitus only spikes with sugar and msg.
      but thank god it doesnt seem to react to sounds, thank you guys

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you so much Ed, i agree with everything you wrote.
      i think i should contact people with t around my area, maybe there is someone and we could support each other it sucks being alone with this.
      im grateful that this incident didnt cause a spike or damage, maybe its because my problem doesnt come from noise exposure. but still protection is never enough!
      i hope you are having a great weekend and thanks again for the support :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      i havent drink beer since this started! just wine.
      hows everything buddy?