I Think I Know the Cause (Power Company Put in a Power/Smart Meter)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ozm8ey, Mar 15, 2016.

1. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I just realized that about 2 weeks before i started getting tinnitus, the power company put in a power/smart meter. Is it possible that those things caused it?

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Not sure if that can cause tinnitus.There are many causes of tinnitus including drug reaction, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, blood circulation or high blood pressure, noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, stress, anxiety & panic disorder, grief, etc....

As far as how loud are various noises and dangerous duration of exposure, these are some guidelines:

http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

3. terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      do you have any fillings?

4. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Are you suggesting it was the noise of the installation being high, the meter itself actually being the source of the noise, or that the RF from the meter is in some way creating the tinnitus within the auditory system?

5. 小雨小语
      Balanced

小雨小语 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      always stay up late and use computer for long time
      Is your T keep changing?

6. 小雨小语
      Balanced

小雨小语 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      always stay up late and use computer for long time
      Even if the meter was blamed,it doesn't help your T,the only thing we can do is find inner peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ozm8ey

ozm8ey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      ok well its just i looked up smart metres online and apparently people have claimed they cause many things such as tinnitus, brain tumors, cramps, insomnia, fatigue+ many more. They're even criminalized in many places and if i stuff with it they know strait away and send their guys over to put a new one in and we have no say in the matter.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are lots of guidelines that exist about the RF emissions from equipment. Generally speaking, the levels that you could measure will be well below the limits.

I would be very doubtful that it is a likely source.

9. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
    10. Vicki from NZ
      Depressed

Vicki from NZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe smart meter
      Do a google search - I'm absolutely convinced smart meters cause to tinnitus and make existing symptoms worse. It seems there's no end to the damage smart meters can do to our health. Not to mention that they can be fire hazards - it's my understanding that Lloyds of London will no longer insure against fire if it's caused by a smart meter - what does that tell you about their safety? If you want to learn more, go to youtube and find a full version of "Take back your Power" by Josh del Sol.

11. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      The levels or limits are rarely determined as to what is in the best interests of the people's well-being. The EPA in the US told emergency workers that the air around the WTC ruins was safe to breath. That went well. I think safe radiation exposure levels around Fukushima and in produce from the area have been frequently revised upwards as well as all previous "safe" limits were predictably breached. Don't think for a minute that these assorted guidelines about "limits" that they reassure us with are all about our protection.

12. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      By no means would I tell anyone that there is no association between tinnitus and RF. Based on research, the rareness of the drug allergy that caused my tinnitus is estimated to be 1 in 20 000, so I know about improbable sources of tinnitus and the problems associated with having a rare, adverse reaction to something "safe". I simply don't think it helpful to encourage people to hang their hopes on hugely improbable sources of their tinnitus, or any other illness for that matter, simply by linking two separate events together. If there is one thing the media loves, it is a poorly researched, ill-informed story - and the smart meter video on this thread ticks all the boxes.

Of course the authorities are going to manipulate information where they have an agenda, but at the same time, unfounded paranoia is every bit as dangerous - look up Andrew Wakefield if you are in any doubt about this. There is a lot of research that exists about ionising radiation (as is the case with Fukushima) and its detrimental health effects. Furthermore, at Fukushima, it was determined that a short term dose increase would be allowed as a consequence of the crisis, this was not skulduggery.

Non-ionising ElectroMagnetic Radiation is endlessly around us all, all of the time, at various amplitudes and frequencies. It is true that the levels of background EMR have increased with time and we know that EMR heats tissue, but the truth of the matter is that we simply don't know the long term effects of this heating, or of the low frequency EMF that accompanies it.

If an individual is utterly convinced that they are ill because of RF, then by all means rid your world of it, but there is no point in just identifying your smart meter. You need to get rid of any transmitting devices, so this includes your Wi-Fi, mobile phone, DECT phone etc.. You could even go so far as to say you need to remove everything electrical in your house, after all, they will have a field associated with them.

I am aware first hand of an individual that covered their windows in chicken wire because of a cellular mast 250 metres away from the property because of a paranoid fear. This individual was unwell and needed help, but citing the possibility that it was the RF all around her as the cause resulted in her failing to receive the treatment she needed as it was far cheaper for the authorities to agree with her and let her make a metaphorical tin hat, rather than to treat her.

• Like Like x 1
    13. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seriously?

14. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry, I'm not sure what part is unclear or could not be taken "seriously". The sentence is a statement of fact.

If I tell you your income tax is to increase by 1%, then you have been informed of the tax increase. You may not like it, you may disagree with it, you may think the money will just be squandered, but you are aware of it, it is not dishonest or underhand. I never claimed it to be fine, but based on the circumstances, it was what was considered necessary. Desperate times...

Tinnitus can be a truly crippling disorder, that struggles enough to be considered as anything more than an inconvenience. Like everyone else on here, I would love to be free of this nightmare, but it is irresponsible to muddy the waters by encouraging pseudo science and conspiracy theories as this only distracts attention away from finding a real solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Owen thanks for all that. Having spent a lot of time assessing the science that does exist around RF exposure issues, there are particular aspects of it which I believe need a lot more study, but it seems impossible to tie to any specific health issue at this point in time, and there also appears to be a large overlap between EMF paranoiacs and people who are almost certainly schizophrenic based on their Youtube videos and wordpress sites.

It's not that I'm unconcerned about EMF, and more that for me to worry it also needs to be compared to the hundreds or thousands of environmental issues with a solid, concrete track record of killing people (hello, power industry, automotive industry and water privatization industries!)

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Has there been a complete study on hearing damage that was strictly based on pre, and post cell phone age?

RF may be quite safe however it increases every day with new technologies hopping on the airways. Almost all today are done with low power digital signals instead of what was once carried on a higher power analog signal. Getting rid of analog may have actually decreased the risks but we just keep adding more digital. Sooner or later the levels will be the same, and even surpass analog power. Smart watches on our wrists now, cell phone in pocket or purse, GPS in car, other emergency calling and tracking devices in a car, smart fridge, smart heat & cooling thermostat, smart TV, smart meter, wireless printers, wireless security cameras and nannycams, wireless mouse & keyboard, just to name a few. And everyday more products jump on the wavelengths. Just outside our planet there are so many satellites now that firing off a probe or manned flight to space is getting harder. We keep sending up more adding to more RF. We may not be able to hear these signals like we hear everything else, but are you sure they do not cause distortion or vibrations to the inner ear that may in the long run do some damage?? Can we be absolutely sure without a doubt? It's going to take an epidemic in hearing loss and Tinnitus before it can be classified from a CONDITION, to something worse, and then maybe more research and funding will go into this.

In the meantime, we are all trying to search for answers on what may have caused ours. Loud music? For me thats probably a huge factor, Others never subjected themselves to noisy environments as often. Medications?? Maybe?? Head trauma?? Sure why not. Artificial sweeteners as I have seen so many debate?? Sure add this in too. Unlucky enough that you attended just one noisy concert or function and BOOM, you got Tinnitus?? Yep, add it into the list. Chemical reaction in the Cholera? Hey, why not. RF??? Sure until you prove it cannot possibly be. Smoking pot? Sure, maybe your still buzzing and thats what you are really hearing.

So it seems what causes mine, and what causes yours are quite different. What I want to know is if its getting worse. The population growth daily is huge, so you must factor this in. Cant just say 20 years ago there were X number of reported cases and today there are XX number of cases. There are more people today so sure there will be an increase to things. It must be calculated as compared to population. More like 1 in 10 today as conspired to 1 in 20, 25 years ago?? If there is an increase do we blame 1 thing like I read above with the smart meter? Must be more too it and MUST be an answer.

17. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MikeP505 a thought I have is that even if tinnitus is very strongly correlated to cellphone use, it may have much more to do with the effect of having a speaker right by your ear, than it does with RF. I'm by no means an extremist as far as noise exposure goes, I still ride motorcycles and stuff. But, I've noticed that the speaker of my Nexus 6P as well as the minimum volume I get out of it using an earbud, is just obnoxiously loud -- like "significant more tiring to my ears than it is to ride a motorcycle with earplugs in". That seems bad to me.

We're on the fifth generation or so of wireless tech, and we're going to be on the tenth by the time we have any longitudinal data on the current stuff. It's just not really possible to understand cause and effect well, when the landscape is changing under your feet. Of all the technologies that exist now which didn't 20 years ago, I would be shocked if some of them don't have negative health implications that we don't understand.

18. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @linearb

Totally agreed. I used to own the "Brick" cellphone. You know the guy, a monster hand held grey BRICK with a big black antenna and was like lifting a 5 pound weight to your ear. That sucker got hot. So did my flip phones soon after. Cannot say these devices and the heat and/or radiation had an impact on the Cholera but its possible. Magnetic forces too close to the Cholera? Possible.

I am still pretty sure my increase in Tinnitus AND my Sudden Hearing Loss was due to other factors from being sick with a kidney issue. I had mild T for 6 years before my kidney was plugged with stones (boulders in my case) but really no hearing loss. I only ever had 1 kidney (L). So my body was poisoning itself with toxins before I got to find out why I was getting sicker. Then a sick body goes in for surgery. Could be the drugs administered added more harm to the Cholera because I was so weak. Some drugs I am told with renal failure must be administered very slowly. I was told they are what's called "slow push drugs". Maybe mine was pushed in thru my IV port too fast via syringe. All I know is 2 days after surgery I wake up almost completely deaf and my Tinnitus is screaming. T never got better at all and hearing got so bad I can no longer use an aid. In saying all of this, everything I have done in my life, from drumming in bands, concerts, loud stereos, loud working areas, dirt bike accidents, using cell phones at a young age when they first started to come to market.... ear buds with my Ipod, you name it, could have weakened things in the inner ear then boom, get real sick once and Bob's your uncle! Who knows?

• Hug Hug x 1
    19. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spellcheck hates you Mike.

20. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOL <-----------Spellcheck? heh

• Like Like x 1