I Will Never Complain Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by gary, May 20, 2016.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I thought tinnitus was bad, well it is, but I now have started to pass kidney stones, with more in each kidney. The pain is worse than all my surgeries. Treatment, they are going to have to go up inside me to remove them. They are all to big to pass on their own. Now I don't even care or pay attention to how loud the T is.

The good that has come from this, is T now takes a back seat permanently:woot:

• Hug Hug x 8
    2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @gary . Yes very painful had them in the past. But not now. Was told not to drink tap water.

3. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Not that I like that you have kidney stone pains...but I like that it has helped put T in the backseat permanently. :) Feel better soon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      I had kidney stones recently and preferred the pain of kidney stones than tinnitus, although they are almost even-steven.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      You don't have the pain of kidney stones permanently though do you?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Gary

I know what you mean. I have multiple other health conditions to manage. When im in a lot of pain...my t takes a back seat..really helps give me perspective inspite of experiencing intrusive t.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      No it is not constant once you pass it. There are different levels you go through as the stone moves. In my case I have six in each kidney. When the last one passed about six months ago I stood home and took a pain killer and was fine. This time the kidney stone is 4mm and having problems getting it to pass.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Squeek, I used to think the same thing as you until this last stone, I have never been in so much pain in mt entire 69 years.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Yes, absolutely Deb. It is too bad we have/had to go through other medical issues to realize T is not so bad after all, no matter how loud it is. Even right now my T is off the charts, but it doesn't bother me one bit, I'm like no big deal, regarding the T

Deb, I do hope your other conditions improve for you.:huganimation:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Just goes to show how our brains are capable of reprioritising when another more pressing medical situation arises

Gary..i have cared for several people over the years with renal colic...they present looking just awful. The pain must be horrendous.

Get well soon x

11. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      @Telis how you you handle the pain with the extreme ringing and how in the world do you sleep? I'm having major issues with both since a spike. Need expert advise from you

12. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I don't handle it very well unfortunately. Sleeping, well I'm so tired from it all day that I pass out. A lot of times in the day I struggle to stay awake I'm so exhausted and pass out. I'm not sure why sleep would be a issue for you? I can't even hear/feel my ears in my sleep so I'm looking forward to bed all day, it's the only sort of relief that I get. Is your situation maybe less noticeable in the day? My ears scream louder with daily noise plus pain so laying in the quiet (even with T blasting) is better than being in any type noise or trying to function like a normal person would. It doesn't take much effort for me to blank out and lay there when I'm tired, the days on the other hand, well, I barely make it though them.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My t blasts in silent more but it's still bad during the day. It causing me serious sleep issues. But I'm getting to the point where mine bothers me all day long. It's becoming reactive to sounds and tries to rise about any and everything when I try to mask. I'm getting very scared

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Yeah it can get very painful if the stone is over 3mm, but it will not kill me, that's the main thing...

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      For me the I have two fans running and fall asleep listing to talk radio via a earphone. I focus on the show, or sometimes focus intensely on the fan noise...

• Like Like x 1
    16. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I hear you. I try and mask throughout the day but no chance, even with headphones. My hearing is not good enough for that. I end up taking a lot of showers, this seems to give a little relief when I'm loosing my mind. Something about the shower that does it for me. I have a glass and tile shower, there are thousands of sounds that seem to sooth the aching head and sore ears, it's nice. Stand there until the hot water runs out, kind of recharge the batteries and get back to it. That's all that I have found that helps. Getting busy doing things seems to make it more insane. The more that I think, move, listen, the more insane it gets. I still try and run every other day but after I'm done I'm going to be suffering even worse, although the outlet helps me greatly. I try to do something phsical everyday, if I don't I'm truely on the edge.

• Hug Hug x 2
    17. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @Telis , for some reason, while reading this post of yours, I wondered whether swimming would help you feel better, both because it could give an exercise workout, and because the sounds of the splashing water might even soothe you while you worked out? Just felt prompted to write this, for whatever it's worth. :)

18. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Tap water is not usually a problem, even if it's hard water. The best way to prevent stones is stay well hydrated, limit sodium, and consider taking potassium citrate supplements (consult a doctor about that). You can limit oxalate intake but usually that isn't necessary if you do all the above unless you are really prone to getting stones.

I had 1, also had a family member that was plagued with many kidney stones. I think I would take the temporary pain over tinnitus, or maybe 1 stone a year that doesn't require intervention. But to have them frequently is pretty awful.

19. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Telis this is insane that nobody can help us. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Tried if fearing every sound and being in pain daily and it sleepy to only hear insanity in your head while awake. It's hell

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Thanks for the tip Alue. I have stage 3 chronic kidney disease, from what I have read p/c pills are good for helping dissolve and help keep K/S from developing, but if you have kidney disease it is not advisable, I am going to see the kidney Dr Tuesday, I have p/c pills on my list of questions. I have 5-6 more in each kidney.

21. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Thanks. Yeah I have thought about swimming, I'm a little nervous about water in the ears though, guess I won't know until I try.

22. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes, you need to see a nephrologist, not just a urologist. Hydrochlorothiazide helps prevent stones too if you happen to have high blood pressure as well, but it's possible it could worsen tinnitus unfortunately.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Thank you Alue, I will ask about the Hydrochlorothiazide. I am not concerned about the T getting worse, it is already blasting most of the time anyway, but thanks for the warning. Yes, see him Tuesday, then urologist Thursday....

24. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      Fair enough. We don't get to live in other people's bodies and we can't compare each other's pain. Who knows which is worse.

I had my kidney stone stuck in mid transit for 6 weeks and it was appallingly painful and was urinating blood for 2 months. I preferred that pain at the time to the tinnitus. But having said that, having pliers like instrument inserted into the eye of the penis at the end of the operation is vastly worse than tinnitus (please excuse the crudeness). Fortunately that part is a short lived horror.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Thanks for sharing that. Perhaps just knowing that I have more to come plays a role in my outlook. Did you have the option of them using a stent to help get it out as opposed to waiting 6 weeks. Well what ever they have to do to get this K/S out I will knocked out cold. I have not found a correlation between T and this problem, mine is usually blasting, but today it is not bad. Are you in the USA

26. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I have had two bouts with kidney stones and I agree that the intense pain made me forget about everything else in life. It's right up there with childbirth! However, I would gladly trade my permanent tinnitus for another temporary kidney stone episode.

27. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Not exactly, but some people have chronic stone forming body chemistry (all to do with various minerals and how your body does/doesn't manage them), so loin and duct spasm pain may be present at some level a lot of the time. Add to that the likelihood of renal and urinary tract infections, and yeah, I suppose you could say its there at least most of the time for some. I had a stone once when I was younger and boy did it hurt. It doesn't compare with T though as the two conditions are completely different in nature.

• Informative Informative x 1
    28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @gary I'll be interested to hear your perspective over time. I had a pelvic flare last fall that felt like a piece of glass stuck in my dick for two months. During that whole period, tinnitus was a non issue and I remember thinking that if the pain went away, I'd never be bothered by tinnitus again. Unfortunately, it's a lot more complex than that...

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I hear you man, well we'll see. Maybe because know I have a lot more stones to pass. This one has not even passed yet, just some blood. See Dr.s today & Thursday.

• Hug Hug x 2
    30. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Good luck Gary. At worst they can be retrieved surgically surprisingly effectively, but you don't want to see how that's done.