I Wish We Met Under Better Circumstances

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Astro, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for exactly 7 days... I'm going crazy. It's in both ears. It's been there since I took a single 325mg aspirin for the first time in my life... Would that cause it?? Am I going to hear this forever... I have children. I will always stay strong for them.. But this is eating away at me and it only been 7 days.. Is there a chance this will go away. I just wanna cry

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Not sure if aspirin has caused your T, but drug reaction is a known cause for T. Right now your T is very new. Don't rule out that T will subside or fade. So don't panic and despair. Try to find some options to help yourself first, such as seeing a doctor/ent to check the ears out. Also try do some masking if T is bothering you. Read up as many success stories as you can so you will feel more hopeful and confident that you can get better over time.

As far as the suffering, the endless ringing, the fear, anxiety, depression and sleeplessness etc., they are all very normal when T is new or when it kicks into another level. We all had experienced the T trauma to varying degree. I went through hell with my ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis a few years back. I was in a mess for a while. But now I am living a normal life, enjoying and living it abundantly despite the T still being there. I wrote my success story like many other members. Do read up as many success stories as you can to learn how to get better. If you have time, here is my story as well as the most read success story of I Who Love Music.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

Give it time. It is the common element of success for most people. Time will heal and your perception of T can change. Trying to be positive can definitely help. Take care and God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Went to my ent today. I have perfect hearing and my eardrums are fine... He told me that I'll have to live with it......

4. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      @Astro Hi and welcome. Aspirin might have been the cause, but do you have a lot of stress atm? Your only 7 days in. the chances that it might disappear are very good. Good luck. How loud is ur T?

5. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Yes, you will LIVE with it! At first it will suck, but you'll be fine. I've had it for 2.5 months already, at first it was scary (still sort of is) but I don't even hear it in a lot of places. I just went out for a walk and was in a quiet hallway at the University I work at, completely fine. I heard the footsteps and I heard a kid open his backpack. The tinnitus sort of disappeared for a bit. It's still there, but sh*t; ain't gonna bother me today!

It will get much better dude, and you might even be one of the lucky ones that it goes away!
      Ricardo

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 7 month old girl.. Haha I'd say I'm a bit stressed at times, I really hope it does :(

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'll read it now brother. I appreciate the kind words

8. Rintintin
      Frantic

Rintintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and head injury
      Yes, the first few weeks are always brutal and people are freaking out... I know that I did. So I understand your frustration. Both ears, yuck. Give it a few weeks and the chances are very high you will see improve. T is very frustrating which makes it a psychological barrier. We are all learning from this. Stay strong. Best wishes to you and your fam.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm pretty good at mind over matter but it's hard to meditate with a high pitched "eeeeeeeee" going on.. I don't see how it gets better but I'm trying to ignore it.

10. Rintintin
      Frantic

Rintintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and head injury
      I know, totally agree. But what happens is that the sound is still there, and sometimes frustrating, but the intensity of the emotion subsides. Which doesn't mean it isn't totally horrible, just more manageable.

11. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi Astro,

I've been with T for one and a half year. My experience is that it can improve. Mine started out at as an eeeee. After a few months, I noticed that it started to shift between different modes. When it was at its worst, it was horrible. But when it was at its best ... Well, somewhere between an electric buzz and silverbells. That shit, I could live with. And I still do.

Give it some time and take care of yourself. Maybe after some months, you will be better off. In the meantime, be catious so you don't damage your ears more. Don't use in ear phones if you listen to music, and wear ear buds in situations where there might be loud and sudden sounds, or avoid such situations completly. Obviously, be catious about meds and drugs. Aspirin alone shouldn't have been enough, but maybe it was just the last push to make T go off.

You may feel like you're in Hell right now, but it's not a given you'll have to stay there. If nothing else, enduring it will probably become at least a little bit less hard than it is for you now. So if you can make it through say one more day, you'll manage the rest of your days as well.

12. Genevieve

Genevieve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      car accident
      Aspirin is known to be in some cases ototoxic for the inner ear, hope it's not the case for you, your are not alone, this site is really wonderful and can give you a lot of support, take care, genevieve

13. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Your children are your blessing. It could go away or you will likely habituate. It gets better for most with time. Hold Fast.