If an Ear Falls in the Woods and Nobody Is Around to Hear It

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ian Mac, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Lol I mean if a tree falls in the woods right.

Doctor told me it's my brain ringing not my ear, and opened up a whole can of worms.

Ya it's my brain but it's my ear. Like if you cut off my hand you could say that it's my brain making the pain, so after cutting off your hand your doctors tells you the pain is actually in your brain, because duh no shit now can you please look past that doc and hear what I'm saying, it's my ears dip shit, ya it's my brain but it's really my ears so SHUT IT.

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Did your nerve damage cause pain?

3. cantbelieveit

cantbelieveit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I wouldn't worry too much about where (or where not) the sound is coming from..........

in the final analysis, your tinnitus will be of the same magnitude, same pitch, and same annoyance regardless of whether your doctor agrees with you or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Hahaha, that's the most imaginative way to look at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not much occasionally they get full and have increased pressure.

I believe their is such a thing as brain ringing which arises from increased neural activity and creates a white noise, also somatic tinnitus arises with zero trauma but still causes mild white noise tinnitus. This is what most doctors think of as Tinnitus and why they don't think it's a big deal.

Then there is trauma from infections which inflame and noise trauma which degrades, the tinnitus from trauma is far more serious, most everyone on this site has the serious types of T. Most doctors never subject themselves to the situations which cause the serious types of T and have no idea how deep the suffering can be.

For me specifically, it appears stem cells to regenerate the vestibucochlear nerve is the only thing that can save me. I had labrythitis for 2 months which inflamed my 8th cranial nerve, I had T before this from Dubstep workouts and concerts all day everyday, but I went from never talking about my T, to being suicidal and in four mental hospitals. My hearing has a small dip in low range but is within the normal limits. From the testing it appears I might have actually had vestibular nueritis and/or labrythitis and the nerve itself is causing my T, we think. I've also been diagnosed with minieres just to confuse me .

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's a good point but not entirely true because a treatment for my specific type of T seems to be coming around, I've done testing which shows I probably have 8th cranial nerve damage, as of now there is no way way to regrow nerves of the CNS but Kyoto university in Japan recently had success regenerating the auditory nerve in vitro, which is what I need in vivo.

7. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Try stem cells. Might help.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Precisely, they are working in it, I am trying to get involved since I need stem cells. Fuck George Bush.