If I Have Multiple Noises and My Tinnitus Is Constantly Changing, That Means It Won't Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 15, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I'm assuming once you've gotten to the point where you have multiple sounds that change from time to time and have reactive T, that's when the tinnitus becomes so bad and permanent right? I assume the only people who's tinnitus actually goes away are those who just have like one constant tone that isn't intrusive.

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I have had mine for years and it is still changing so I don' think so. I would probably rather have one continuous tone instead but I guess I am just lucky to have these 5 or 6 I do- not!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Exactly. So it's true. Changing tinnitus means it's permanent right?

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      You have 5 -6 tones?
      I thought you said yours was more white noise...sorry if I mixed it up.

5. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      That is tough to say. Usually after a year or so they say it is permanent but I know of people who's T went away after many years. How long to permanance
      It's changed over time but I have mostly white noise with some electrical and crickets on the right side. If I plug both ears I can hear multiple tones inside my head. It's weird

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      How intrusive is yours? I have like 2 noises. But I've heard many different ones since I've gotten it 1 month and half ago. I've heard, Amber alerts, ringing, buzz, crickets, and the static that a Tv gives off.

7. AnnieM
      Stressed

AnnieM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PROBABLY long term exposure to the sound of motors/blowers
      No assumptions with this damn thing. Strange things happen with it; while I have not personally heard of this version going completely away I have heard of improvement. I also hear multiple noises at different times; while I've had it for years and have grown mostly used to it, I still hope it'll disappear one day :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I
      I hope so. Mine is getting worse. Went from 1 constant tinnitus that could be heard only at night to 24/7 tinnitus and reactive tinnitus. I'm losing hope ever day. And it's only been a month and half. I don't want to imagine how loud it might be in a couple of months. Hope it gets better. Don't see how I can live if it gets worse.

9. AnnieM
      Stressed

AnnieM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PROBABLY long term exposure to the sound of motors/blowers
      The first months are the worst because everything in you wants to run from this. I cried and screamed for a long, long time and used to beat my own head, trying to get this to stop. I probably made it worse for myself in so doing. I still have the occasional bad day when it's particularly loud and gets on my nerves, but for the most part I'm adapted to where it is now. I don't know if I could say that if it worsened beyond its current state, but for now my life is my own again; I have T but T is not all that I am. It does get better, even if the noises don't.

10. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      I have multiple sounds but they are softening very slowely. My target is to get it to 2/10 in 2 years.

11. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I have a "symphony of disruption" if I were to start a symphonic metal band. When I plug my ears, I have several constant tones. Those have changed some. Some new ones have either started or old ones have changed pitch or tone. When I don't have my ears plugs its just crickets and buzzing and I cannot really hear any tones. I don't think it has necessary gotten worse just the sounds have evolved some. Not sure if its for the better or not. I feel habituated so they may change, be reactive, loud or soft- at this point I don't really care. I get annoyed at times but generally don't care. Tinnitus in itself is not going to kill me. It's not like I have stage 4 terminal cancer. Perspective helps you cope with T.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I keep telling myself there are people with ALS who are suffering a lot more than I ever will and that shouldn't be such a coward because I could be in worse situation. I also have the same noises you have. I have a buzzing that I sometimes feel physically and can cause some temporary ear pain. I also hear crickets. I think the cricket sound is my RT.
      P.S I love symphonic metal. Kamelot is one of my favorite bands. :)