If Video Recording Yourself to Give Advice to Yourself on How to Deal with Tinnitus, What Would...

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      ...you say to yourself? I am just curious.

I am thinking about doing it and needing suggestions. In actuality, I am getting better at handling the T a lot more but am thinking about it for depression and mood swings as well. But, here is an interesting idea.

Pretend you are giving advice to someone else struggling with T, depression, or anxiety. What would you say to them?

If you recorded it and then watched yourself, what would your response be? I got the idea from this site about breaking bad habits.

http://lifehacker.com/5945116/how-i-used-a-webcam-to-break-my-bad-habits-and-make-better-decisions

2. three4rd
      Thinking

three4rd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/19/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably long-term sound exposure and hearing loss
      Sorry noone has responded to this for you since it's an interesting topic! I would probably say something that included the following thoughts: In moments of most stress and difficulties coping with (whatever), think about all the good or positive things that you have in your life - people that you are thankful for within your families and friends, talents and abilities that you possess, hobbies and interests that you enjoy and are perhaps even very good at. Then also think about all the people who died at tragically young ages through war or other calamities, accidents, and so forth. Remember those who are homeless, have not enough food to eat, or are suffering from terminal illnesses. And don't forget all the children who are suffering from cancer and leukemia. If you consider some of these things, your own place in life might seem more bearable and even not as bad as it sometimes feels. I'm sure there are some blessings in your life that you have to be thankful for.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I personally don't believe a narrative is as effective as song which promotes more endorphin release and hence diminution in T level:

Here is my gift of song to the world:
      BOBBY MCFERRIN - Don't worry be happy lyrics

and honorable mention to a song that reminds me of my life when I was young....racing cars and chasing girls and playing music:
      Bryan Adams - Summer of 69