I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Support' started by stiggs, Feb 18, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. stiggs

stiggs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      im 23 years old. My tinnitus started when I was about 15 and I accidentally pushed a cotton but too far into my left ear. I've had mild T in that ear since. 3 days ago that ear started to get really pitchy and is now keeping me awake. I normally sleep with a fan on and I tried turning it off and was surprised in a horrible way that I also had low level buzzing in both ears pressing in on my head and making me feel trapped. I don't know if this has been a slow build since Ive always slept with my fan on and hadn't noticed it before.

I can't tell if the high pitched sound is coming from one or both ears. I saw my GP today and got a referral to see an ENT all they way down in May.

Right now I'm just scared why it's flared up and I have high and low pitched noises intruding on me.

It's scaring me and I'm finding it hard to stop crying and focus on something else.

2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      In your case I'd recommend paying to see a private ENT. You'd probably be looking at 1-2 weeks wait, but I managed to get in after 3 days. It all depends on the area you live.

If it's eating away at you that much £120-£200 is surely a drop in the ocean for peace of mind.

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You might have a virus in your system or wax build up or maybe your a little stressed or the cold weather .
      You have done well having tinnitus a long time .
      Glad to hear you will get checked by ENT and might be good if ring them up if have any calculations to bring it forwards. ....lots of love glynis

4. stiggs

stiggs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      "might be good if ring them up if have any calculations to bring it forwards"

Do you mean ring them up and let them know and see if they can bring my appointment forwards?

5. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      How can tinnitus start like that?

6. stiggs

stiggs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Pushed wax up into my eardrum. Mechanical damage