I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Hi, Im 13 years old...
      I have had tinnitus in my right ear for a few months now and it has been getting way better..
      until two days ago, Im on family vacation and we went to a waterpark. Towards the end of the day we went on the last ride and I didnt know that the certain ride whent right into the rapids so i got out of the tube, and the lifeguard all the sudden went crazy, he jumped in, started blowing the whistle like crazy and came to me. He grabbd me untl we got out of the rapids, but the whole time he was blowing that super loud whistle in my ear, i really heard it for about 2-4 seconds, after that i plugged my ears.

Long Story Short: a lifeguard blew a really loud whistle in my ear for 2-4 seconds until i plugged my ears

So afer that I started crying because I realized my right ear (the ear the whistle was blown into) felt really weird, and it still does. its been two days now which scares me because its still the same. I dont know how to describe it, but my right ear feels kind of empty and its driving me crazy. (I can still hear kinda fine with the right ear, im not sure if i hear not as good because it seems the same, but i dont know, i cant see my ear doctor until we get home it 7 days)

Sorry for the mistakes while writing this, im really shaken up

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hey there @Zeneth I'm so sorry that this happened to you, but I would try as hard as you can to enjoy the rest of your vacation. If you're nervous about noise, they do have swimmer's earplugs I think that may not get rid of all the noise if you're in the water, but they'll help a little bit and maybe make you more comfortable.

You have youth on your side. You're still a growing/developing human being and the fact that your tinnitus before was getting better is a great sign. Just take care of yourself until you can see your doctor and try to be as calm as possible. What's past is past and you're doing everything you can.

Hang in there and know that we're all with you.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Zeneth,
      Sorry to hear that has happend to you and totally understand how bad it feels.
      I work in a school and I needed to blow my whistle 20 times or more a day but now have a bell.
      I hope your ears calm down for you as I'm sure they will for you but could get a spike or two now and then till your tinnitus settles to a base sound or goes altogether.
      We do have young members posting and hope your school work does not suffer but after the summer break if you still have tinnitus please talk to your head of year.
      The head of year can arange any support or extra exam time and so on.

Keep posting for support and we are here around the clock for you......lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Thanks, The tinnitus doesnt really bother me and I can still sleep, but the emptyness in my ear is so annoying. My left ear is perfectly fine, but my right ear feels empty and tight in a way, I have to keep like stretching/messaging my right ear every few minutes and thats the annoying part.

Again, thanks for the support and I will stay updated.

5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      It a spike and will go back down

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      What is a Spike?

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A spike is a increase in your tinnitus sound that will go back to your base sound over time that can be minutes to days.....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      The scary thing for me is my dizzyness, I randomly fall at times :(

9. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Perhaps it feels empty because the tensor tympani muscle was overexcited by the loud whistle blowing in the ear during a hectic situation?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Is that really bad? or does something like that get better? its been 3 days already, slight change i think but not much...

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Is that even caused by noise?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Is that even caused by noise?

13. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Are you sure you dont have water in your ear? As an avid diver I know how that can feel, and it can also make you dizzy. The water could have clogged your ear combined with wax, which will make your minor tinnitus sound WAY worse. Go visit a GP if you're not sure and have him look in your ear.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I have been taking some stuff fir water in my ears, but the feeling is still the same (empty) I really think it was caused by the noise, I am going t see an audioaulogist when i ge home in 5 das

15. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It could be a wax clog caused by water. I just went through that myself after a shower where water entered my ear, my tinnitus went berserk. Until the clog was removed, end of problem.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      If that is the case, then its a big coincidence that this all started after that loud whistle being blown in my ear

17. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You never know. Chances are it's the whistling, but generally that doesn't really cause a feeling you describe. Well, not with me anyways, everyone is different of course. Either way, go visit a doctor that can have a look in your ear to see if everything is normal. If that's the audiologist, thats great.

18. annabel16

annabel16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I think you have had a spike, which is usually temporary and often a good way to assess how far you have come. This is all new to you and you might have a few more- it does take the ears a long time to heal and they're pretty mysterious. Make sure you talk with your doctors about your difficulty with balance, and I hope you keep us posted!

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      So a spike is like a feeling of emptyness? my tinnitus is a little louder, but what annoys me is how my ear feels

20. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Generally a spike is when your tinnitus becomes louder for a period of time. I have never heard people also having an 'empty feeling', but if you google it I suppose some people do. So could be a normal spike caused by a loud event. I would still have your ears checked. An empty/dull feeling could be many things.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Dang, this has ruined my entire vacation :(
      I keep getting more and more paranoid as each day passes on

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      and now, my best friend just told me he has cancer :( My life is going downhill too fast!

23. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Zeneth ,
      Did you have trouble with dizziness and random falling before the whistle incident or only after?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      no, only after, but that has gotten better ive learned to balance, but the tingling and numbness is till there, maybe I am missing some frequencies such as highs or mids