I'm So Loud :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Dec 14, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Spike turned into...hmmm...constant louder? Saw a PT her opinion is that my T is mechanical. Gave me some exercises and I think it is making it worse. Used to have a head position that would lower T, not tonight.
      Saw another doc who wants to try hearing aids Cha...Ching.... they do come with a 30 day trial period.
      Appt for fitting is not until end of Jan so not relief in sight. Psychologist saws "just don't listen to it" HUH?
      If you have had relief from PT, hearing aids or mindfulness please give me some advice.
      Thanks

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Don't have PT, just very loud T. I got a Unitron Moxi Kiss it's a combination hearing aid/masker. Works pretty good in that it is better than listening to the T. I have my choice of white or pink noise, I like the pink. Sometimes I use just the hearing aid setting. Mine came came with a thirty day return policy. mine was $900. with three year no questions asked warranty if lost, stolen, ran over by a car, dropped in water etc..
      Remember, that Psychologist has no idea what you are going through!!!!!

3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for the encouragement. This will blow you away, I was given a cost of $2.500 per ear! YIKES!
      Also hearing aid/masker. I have spent so much money trying to end this noise to no avail:(
      Gary, you have been so kind, I really needed the support tonight.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Leah, you are being totally ripped off for $2500 each. I got mine through my ENT, he has a full time audiologist right in his office, she took care of the fitting and ordering and setting up of the hearing aid.

If you want the model number of mine I will be glad to give you all the info. It also comes with a remote control to change from masker to hearing aid or what ever combo you want. Some places I saw on the web charge extra for the remote, I do not know why, you have to have it to operate the hearing aid.

As for just masking on a budget, I posted here before, that I first took a portable radio with FM, got ear buds and just tuned the FM radio to where there was no station and used that for my white noise, works great, a little awkward when going out with the wires but it really works good. I still have mine, I used it about two months ago. I went in the shower and forgot I had the Moxi Kiss was in my ear, well it got pretty wet and it stopped working. I took it back to the audiologist, that's when I found out about the warranty. She told me before, but at the time my T was so loud I did not pay attention.
      Best buy or radio shack may have these radios. They are around $20-$30.

I feel so bad for you. I had a bad day Wednesday, my T got so loud, I let it get to me, it raised my blood pressure to 198/97 I decided to go to the ER. They kept me for 5 hours until the BP went down on it's own. The T is still loud but I settled my self down. I went to the ER because I had two heart attacks, open heart surgery, a four way bypass last year, and I am diabetic and in stage three of chronic kidney failure, also had a foot of my colon removed because of cancer. I am telling you all of this not out of pity, but rather to show you it can always be worse.

Hang in there girl, yeah it's tough but you have to get a grip, and a different Psychologist if he/she feels that way about your T :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha leah , read your post hope you get better,:p i have been going to PT for the past month due too me getting hurt at work:pompus: this was 3 months after i gotten the T:whistle: anyways i have a masking device:headphone: that looks like a hearing aid but plays white noise and also come with a remote so i can change the sounds and tones to go with the flow of my T, i fell in love with it when i first tried it :huganimation:i can do everything with it on except shower with it lol:woot:
      but it keeps me sane:banghead:.... as far as the PT ive been going for the pass month and T has not changed for me , i doe PT 3 xs a week for 2 hours and then i see my chiropractor and then follow with a message:rolleyes: and when i'm doing these things my T is alot softer...:D it has not increased at all and now i sleep through the night without waking for 8 hours:LOL:. guess im so dame tiered from working out for 2 hours lol:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:. i got my masker for 1500 for one 1 only have 1 ear ringing:dunno: but my medical paid me back 600 dollars :joyful: so i only paid:joyful: $ 900.00 .. and the remote was free. the company i got it from was called hearing planet and the guy was very nice helped me with the paper work and found the right ear doctor and filled my medical forms that needed to be sent in so i could get it ASAP. heres a pic of what mine loo like and the good thing about this is that i can sleep with it so light and comportable . i hope this helps out a little .. hope you feel better keep me posted ...

Attached Files:

6. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      gary i also hope you feel better , but you are a fighter to go through all what you did with your help you will get through this T too... hang in there....

7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Thanks, same to you Chris. Your masker looks exactly like mine, I bet the same Co. makes them all then sells them to different distributors....

8. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Gary, I am sorry you are going through so much health wise. Plus take care, was comforting to know that I am not the only person in the world to get themselves in such a way that I end up in ER. I have a few I am struggling with but T has been my mission pushing back the other stuff. Thank for the advice and comfort everyone:) I will be looking into a cheaper hearing aid and I really like the idea of a remote!
      You guys are priceless:huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1