In Desperate Need of Advice ;(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joshthebear!, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have had tinnitus for approximately 3 years and I have been able to manage it very well ,but just last night my right ear has started to ring very loudly but when there is no noise whatsoever it's fine........ I am finding this really distressing I am only 19 and I feel like my life is over just picking up a bunch of keys renders me almost deaf.i have spoke to my doctor and he suspects it's just a viral infection and it will clear within a week,has anyone else had a similar experience I hope to god it gets better

2. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I hope so too. It's probably just a spike that will lower back to your normal level.

3. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey @Joshthebear!

Sorry to hear you are having a setback... Probably it is just temporary and will go back to base soon...

If you say that picking up keys makes you kind of deaf what do u mean ? Like pain ? Maybe you also have a bit of Hyperacusis and that is making your T worst... I don't know just a thought..

Hang in there and wish you get better soon...

Take care !!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It's feels so different like my ordinary timnitus has gone if I am in silence I don't hear a thing which is nice .......but every noise I hear is accompanied my a high pitched noise like someone shacking some big heavy chains and the louder the noise on the outside the louder the one becomes on the inside. Is this hypercausus or a viral infection aaaarrgh

5. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Quite unusual indeed... Wish for you that it resolves soon mate.. Take care

6. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I would ask your doctor for a course of steroids... Also get your hearing checked asap. If it's viral you need to act now.