Increase in Tinnitus After Fist to Face

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lilpeep, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello everybody,

I've not posted for a while since I've been feeling better and tinnitus wasn't a problem for me anymore. This may sound funny but sometimes I even started to enjoy the sound in my head. In the mornings it was so quiet and peaceful I didn't see it as a problem.

This week was rough for me. I've been having problems with my girlfriend and she easily gets very mad at me. This week however it went trough the roof. After she got very mad she punched me in the face with full force.

Don't get me wrong my (ex) girlfriend is a strong woman and she let herself go completely. She hit me on the cheekbone so hard I saw a flash and my face started bleeding.

Now 2/3 days after the fight I woke up with my tinnitus louder in my right ear and it is also lower in pitch (very anoying)

It could be due to the stress that came from the fight but I'm kind of worried that it is because of head/neck trauma.

Since first onset never had a real change in my tinnitus but this feels different.

Any tips or suggestions what to do now? I would love to hear. Hopefully it will subside by itself, I know I can learn to live with it but I want to go trough the possibilities you know ;)

thanks, regards, Me

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Your wink emoticon makes me think you are doing ok mentally, so that's already a positive.
      It may be useful to consult with a doc to try to diagnose possible problems from your new symptoms. There are many things that could go wrong with blunt force trauma, some of which isn't visible to the naked eye.

Good luck.

3. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      This is the third time I've heard of a person getting hit by their girlfriend since joining TT in Feb of this year. I think there's an underlying issue here society is not addressing.

I'm glad she's now your ex. You deserve better than that!

• Agree Agree x 5
    4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Yep...something is very wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      have you proposed yet?

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    6. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      Yes...dump her and never look back.
      Seriously.

• Genius Genius x 1
    7. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Yes and that is that people hit each other. Dont forget men also hit women. I've been the victim of an abusive relationship and when a woman hates you, she thinks she can hit you everyday for no reason.

8. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Great that you are not seeing her anymore.

9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I don't call this healthy behavior at all. It's quite possible that your body/face/bones might be in shock. It can possibly take a few days for it to get better. I am no Dr, if you feel that your face still hurts, maybe get it looked at. If you have a relationship, that needs this kind of thing, leave it and find a new mate.

There is no excuse for hitting at all, men or women....period!

I have been hit all over my body (by accident of course) in my martial arts training, it can take time for it to heal.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Lilpeep,

You may want to consider ending your relationship with your girlfriend. People who feel free to hit other people usually don't stop, no matter how remorseful they are, or how many promises they make to never do it again. People with tinnitus need to do everything they can think of to reduce the amount of stress in their lives. Living with that kind of stress will likely always affect tinnitus to some degree or another.

I fully agree with Fishbone...
      Just noticed this woman is now your "EX" girlfriend. I'm happy to hear that. -- All the Best!