Intro & Interest in Natural Remedies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MightBeIt, Oct 9, 2018.

1. MightBeIt

MightBeIt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

There is a "fuzzy, buzzy" sound in my head that began around Feb. 2016. First I thought it was from the new alternative-to-smart-meter (automatic meter reading (AMR) that uses wireless radio signals) that had been installed. Initially it seemed to interfere with my sleep, and they came back an put in a "lower level" one that they said should bother me less. Then I had some vascular testing done. They found no problems and suggested it was likely tinnitus, though I am not sure how this could be verified. The sound comes and goes, usually in groups of days, can be night and day, though there are periods when I don't notice it at all.

It's annoying at times, but not severe, but connections to dementia, etc., are more concerning longer term.

Looking here -- will research through the discussions as I can -- for what nutritional, non-pharmaceutical approaches have made a difference.

If anyone can point me to the most useful forums, that would be most appreciated!

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      A warm welcome to the forum. The most useful forums that may fit what you are looking for are probably the Success Stories forum under Knowledge Base, as well as the alternative treatment or treatment forums. In these forums you can come across threads that talk about how natural non-pharmaceutical approaches can help, such as CBT, TRT, mindfulness, and the use of dietary change to help out. That may include reducing intake of salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, MSG, gluten, etc. Some threads may promote the intake of magnesium, zinc, B12, D3, etc. So browse around. There are lot of resources if you dig enough into the forum. Perhaps to speed up, you can use the search function to find your interested topics. Good luck. Take care. God bless.