Intro: Tinnitus with Headache

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scarfman, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Scarfman

Scarfman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music / heavy exercise
      Hi everyone, I have been an occasional reader of this forum since I first had tinnitus, in late 2017. It's sometimes hard to read the forum, when I'm trying not to think about tinnitus. But I'm looking for answers at the moment, so I thought I'd join up.

My story is that I developed mild tinnitus in late 2017 from too much loud music. But then one day, around July 2018, it got suddenly worse, and I developed a permanently strong headache (a feeling of pressure in my forehead and top of head, 24x7). That day I was lifting weights, and it got worse immediately after.

I take Endep (amitriptyline) 15mg for the headaches, but it doesn't cover them up as much as it used to. So I'm thinking of increasing the dose or trying something else.

My ENT and neurologist have both told me there's nothing more they can do. My scans show nothing.

The only thing that has ever helped is my osteopath. His neck and head treatment made a huge difference to my tinnitus and headache, but after a while, my levels returned to normal and he hasn't been able to replicate the help.

So: there you go. I'm kind of surprised there are so few people here with headache. I thought it would be more common.

Best wishes,
      Scarfman

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scarfman

Scarfman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    4. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Did you notice any improvement since that happend? I do not really like to hear this since I train pretty consistently 3-4 times a week with "heavy" weights. Did you have any pain after this happend? Could it be from the loud music at the gym?

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Scarfman
      There's hundreds of connections between headaches and tinnitus with most being of physical natures that unbalances tinnitus even from noise exposure as cause.

Many headache reasons are connected to poor posture where nerve pressure and vertebral arteries come into play. This can involve inflammation of the nervous system and cerebrospinal fluid. Only a stand up MRI may show this clearly. The pressure of lifting weights, especially from the ground could be a problem. Within this link focus on words in italics above. Sternocleidomastoid muscle spasm such as from improper posture from lifting can often cause headaches, eye pain and aching teeth.

https://trainingandrehabilitation.com/vestibular-impairment-and-its-association-to-the-neck-and-tmj/

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scarfman

Scarfman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Greg, I appreciate the link. I sometimes do neck exercises advised by this YouTuber called Julian Cowan Hill, although I'm not regular, or absolutely sure that they help.

• Like Like x 2