Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kotve, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      Hey guys, I'm Vince 25 years old from Belgium and have T since 2013, to be correct since 20 December 2013. I was preparing my statistic exam, while listening to Frank Sinatra on my PC when it all started. I was reading and turned my head to the left to change the track and then a loud PIIIIIIIIII. First i thought it is going to last 30 sec as i already had this before (while doing the same thing) but it went on and on. I went to bed and tried to sleep which was nearly impossible. Next morning woke up, first did not realize it for 1 min but then the noise was there. I went to the doctor and he gave me Medrol + Piracetam. First it looked like it was working till the sound came back.
      After 2 weeks of use I went to the doctor again, we tested my hearing but there was no prior damage to my ear nor I had any hear loss. Then the only thing he told me was "I can"t do anything you have to live with it" (that basically made me rage). Well due to the T I did a depression and a burnout. Sleepless nights walking around and trying to figure out why this happened to me as I did not have enough problems in life. That was my life for the next 6 months. I got used to it could even sleep and even tried to train my mental so I could fall asleep without noise (like TV, or PC playing music). My T always got worse with the weather changes, especially 2-3 days before snow. After that the sound went back to "normal". I even tried to figure out how to relieve the sound. Playing with the sound frequencies somehow made my T disappear for few seconds (so few seconds of silence).

However I have to say that lately i do have the feeling that my T got worse. I cannot say if I have T in one ear (well I hear it in one) or in both or somewhere in the middle. Sometimes the sound is higher, sometimes lower. I also think i have not 1 sound like before be different, one is like the TV white noise (the TSHHHHH) one is like a piiii and one seems to be pulsating. Especially last week has been horrible for me, haven't really slept. Got a bit the flue and have the feeling that my "ringing" ear is paining a bit and itching from the inside.

I do however suffer from a slight high blood pressure and have a little bit high cholesterol even though I used to pay attention to my food as I used to train a lot before.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Vince,
      Welcome to TT and thanks for sharing your story. Do you by any chance listen to music through headphones? Or listen to music at high volumes. If so this could be the cause of your tinnitus. Please click on the links below as you might find them helpful. Try to avoid quiet rooms and surroundings during the day and especially at night. A sound machine placed by the bedside can be very helpful. More is explained in the links.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/an-introduction-to-tinnitus.12100/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/sound-machines-and-tinnitus.12072/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      I do use headphones because I do play on PC so I use them to communicate with other players. But I never used any high volume. While traveling yes I use headphones but it never affected my T. Only loud music affects my T (by loud I mean party noise). It becomes louder but after 1h comes back to normal. I have been partying before (not that much), ofc after a party I had noise but it disappeared when i woke up.

Edit: You might think this is strange or not.. I do have a moment of silence. In fact in the morning while waking up I can hear things around me like brother going to school, or parents etc.. but not the T. The moment I open my eyes and I take conscious of the world the T starts. Don't know if some experience something similar