Introduction to My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Striveon, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I got tinnitus on August 1, 2018. I have had hearing loss since I was 5 years old. I am not quite sure if this could be the reason to it? 15 years later and tinnitus appears?

I did a hearing test and there was no difference. It is low pitched but I am getting depressed and having anxiety. I am taking Lipoflavonoid Plus and Niacin (flush free). It almost sounds as (eeeeeeee) but low pitched. It seems to be like this (eee slient e silent e silent eee) there are times it is silent.

Are there any tips anyone can give me? I would highly appreciate it. How do you manage and live with tinnitus? I highly appreciate any response, stories and tips. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. John CC
      Pensive

John CC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Phone ring tone directly in my ear/hearing loss 15% l, 25% r
      Hello Striveon I too am new to tinnitus, not yet 2 months in. I am glad you found this forum as it gave me the hope and the support I needed from a lot of different people who are united by one element, tinnitus. From what I have read and experienced, the first couple of months are very stressful. You find yourself asking what is this, why me, what is next. As I am new to the world of T. I can only give you insight into the stuff I had to learn right at the start. There are others on this forum who can speak with much greater knowledge about hearing and tinnitus. Mine can get so loud I hear it over a car engine on the highway, I hear it when I wake up. What gets me through it is the support and wisdom I have received on this forum telling me, after patiently listening to me, as to what was happening to me and what to expect. For me it was that I had some hopeful signs. So far, their advice has been pretty good, and what I needed.

Everyone knows what you are going through, and you are not alone, you have support at this site. There are others who regularly read, support and answer your questions. Just realize that this site is a world wide site, so if people do not respond right away, it is because they may be on another continent. So when you look for responses and your waiting, give it some time.

As I suspect, you have already been reading the post in the Introduce Yourself and Support sections. You might also want to read the Success Stories section and realize it can give you some hope. These section may help you gain some insight to issues and aspects of tinnitus. From what I have started to learn is that loud noise = bad (so at the start listen to your music at a lower volume and movies can be loud so be wary and keep the volume down), head phones = bad, ear protection = good (ear plugs or ear muffs or a combination of), being aware and not letting your guard down, e.g., going into a loud restaurant or coffee shop without ear protection and thinking it will be ok = not good, realizing and having and believing in your future and hope = good. When you go to bed have some music playing in the background, just enough to match your T to help you sleep. I have found on the internet Tinnitus Sound Therapy music, and for me it helped. I listened to different music, some spoke to me, some didn't. I have it on during the day, and at night I take my laptop into by bedroom and play it overnight (some of the sites go for 8 to 10 hours). If you look on the tinnitus talk forum home page, about half way down to the right you will see a bar titled Audio Player. You can click on it to get an idea about the different sounds used in tinnitus sound therapy. It is important, and much easier to say than do, learn to focus your attention from the screeming in your ear. One approach of many could be to shift your focus. At the start, and for the first couple of months, for some the t. is fairly consistent, for others it can fluctuate a little or a lot. Fluctuating t. is frustrating, but it is not unusual. From what I have learned in a number of cases it does get better, but that is where others can share their greater wisdon on this. As I said I am new myself so I focus on the importance of support and hope at this important entry time to the world of T. as I call it. Coffee Girl, Bill B., Fishbone, Micheal L., Glnyis, Greg among others who have a lot of good ideas, and more expereience than I do.

Best of luck, I hope this helps.
      John CC

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for sharing your story and your great advice and ways to cope with tinnitus. I hope you successfully cope and do not lose hope! I found out yesterday that two family members had tinnitus and they recuperated with Lipoflavonoid plus, my aunt recuperated 4 months and my uncle's father, they don't remember how long. But that gave me hope because I always read bad reviews with those vitamins, I am also taking Niacin flush free.

Hopefully I recuperate also, I have hopes!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1