Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scott Mack, May 18, 2016.

1. Scott Mack

Scott Mack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert and playing bass guitar at home
      Hi,
      my name is Scott.
      I went to a concert April 9, but it wasn't until 3 weeks later when i was playing my bass guitar at home that i got tinnitus.
      It is unbearable i have sound sensitivity and pain. I just want to die. My life has changed dramatically.
      I had my hearing checked and it is fine. I went to an Ent and my ears are fine. I have an appt at the University of Buffalo June 1st at there clinic.
      I am on anti-depressants which I started a little while before this started.
      My life is over and I want to be done with it. I cant stop crying and this is killing my wife.
      Scott

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Scott.

Tinnitus comes with lots of unwanted emotions at first and you can see why as tinnitus and our emotions come from the Limbic part of the brain.

We are here around the clock for you and only a click away so stay calm and try relax.
      Some antidepresants can cause tinnitus at first as your brain adapts to the new chemicals but should settle and something you can talk to your doctor about.
      Keep posting for support on the main forums and we are here for you .
      Tinnitus does get better to cope with emotionaly as your mood starts to lift and feel better about yourself and anxiety settles also ....Stay positive....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Believe me the first month was the hardest for me. I had a lot of thoughts in my head that I never thought I would think of. But it's weird how the brain works now I hear it everyday and I have no reaction to it. It's been two and half months for me. Question how loud is it? Can you only hear it in silence or can you hear it over everything even outside?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You are never alone here. We understand your struggle as most of us were where you are. You are welcome to rant and ask questions, as well as browsing the resources on TT, such as the incredible helpful success stories and the treatment sections.

The initial struggle with T is always tough for anybody because the body is facing this new and alien sensation which can't be shaken off nor treated. When we feel stuck, trapped, and when there seems to be no available medical solution, then stress and anxiety build up to a point the limbic system takes over, and we function in fight or flight mode, making any irritation from T much worse and the brain zooms in on T all day. Also the brain may be flooded with many distorted thoughts called cognitive distortions, and very often the brain is fooled into believing that living with T for life is a total catastrophe. Hence the immense mental sufferings, many even have suicidal ideations.

Try do something active to help yourself, such as masking T, living & enjoying life again as much as possible. It will take some time but T is not an end game and good days will be back. I was in a mess 6 years ago with ultra high pitch dog whistle T. I also had severe H which turned all normal sounds too loud and piercingly hurtful. Worst, I had relentless anxiety and panic attack from T & H due to prior condition of anxiety and panic disorder. The sufferings were so bad that I thought I never would have good life again nor even to survive for long. But never say never. I am back to living a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story and listed some important points helpful to my recovery. Here is my success story if you have time to read it. Take care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott Mack

Scott Mack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert and playing bass guitar at home
      Thanks for the kind words.
      My T is loud enough that I sleep with a fan on and can still hear it.
      I spend all day with ear plugs in and that just makes it 100 times worse.
      My left ear gets plugged up and has pressure down the side of my face and sometimes on the right. It can hurt and no body can explain it.
      I"m dying here!

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Have you seen an ENT on the ear pressure? Your T is very new and it is often said that it will take 3-6 months for the ears to stabilize. Don't despair and panic. Stress and anxiety are bad for T. Have you tried masking yet? Like you I used to wear ear plugs all day due to severe hyperacusis, but the H faded slowly within the year. Yes, the plugs made my ultra high pitch T so dominantly unbearable. I have true empathy for your suffering. Check out the success stories to see if you can find hope and comfort there that one day you can be well like others. Your T is very new indeed and so never rule out it will fade with time. God bless your recovery.