Invisible, Discrete In-Ear Noise Generator? Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SignalExec, Aug 9, 2018.

1. SignalExec
      Batty

SignalExec Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/15/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma?
      I was wondering whether anybody has used (or has suggestions for) small in-ear noise generators that can be used to mask tinnitus.

My tinnitus is rather quiet but variable. This makes it difficult to get used to it. I think that a noise generator which produces a constant hiss would make my life easier. Currently, I use bone-conducting headphones for this. However, I can't keep going around (to work) with these headphones. Therefore, I am looking for something a bit more discreet that can be a long-term solution. Also, I only have tinnitus at the left. So, I would only need one.

I know noise generators for masking tinnitus exist and I know hearing aids can be very small (in the ear canal, invisible from the outside). However, is there a device that does both: being small and produce some masking noise?

2. Jim M

Jim M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I use the free Beltone app which has lots of resources on it. Most valuable to me are the sound files. I use a mix of crickets and ocean waves. I set the volume low near my ear for sleeping at night. . Don't advise using anything pushing sound directly into the problem ear. During day keep focused on positive activities and lead a healthy lifestyle.

3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Get iphone airpods or something.

4. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      In-the-ear hearing aids have two significant disadvantages.
      First of all, there is hardly any room for the battery and a noise generator takes energy.
      And second and more important, there is no "open supply" with in-ear hearing aids. This takes away the important possibilitiy of masking by ambient noise.