Irene's Success Story

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by sova, Feb 14, 2018.

1. sova

sova Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and allergies
      I've had low humming tinnitus for over a year/ Prior to that serious hearing loss of low frequency type in both ears. I was told it could be allergies.
      It seems I tried everything even a month of Ashwagandha that after a few weeks made it worse even though many say that it stops tinnitus. One article pointed out that Ashwagandha comes from the same family as the nightshade group and many people cannot tolerate foods from that group. Heavy lectins are present.

For awhile when the pulsating tinnitus was around bedtime, I used Lorazepam which helped immensely. But on two occasions when the Lorazepam didn't help I had to use prednisone. I decided drugs were not the way to go and though the allergy route might be the solution. So I cut out all soy products, peeled and de-seeded my tomatoes, omitted wheat and a few other foods that are forbidden on the Eat for Your Blood Type.
      In North America all soy is genetically modified and in this process lectins are used. Lectins gum up the body (see Dr. Guntry's Diet Revolution). All this careful eating again helped somewhat but the pulsating low frequency beating continued, especially at night when I was tired. I even hung myself vertically on the slant board thinking perhaps there was a kink in my 8th cranial nerve.

Finally, a few days ago, I came across an article on the Internet stating that the thyroid and hypothalamus were connected via dopamine and that a lack of dopamine could cause tinnitus.

I took one 1000 mg pill of Thyrosine and 10 minutes later the beating was gone. What a relief. This was in the morning. By 6:00 p.m. I could feel it starting up so took one more 1000 mg with B-6 and a bit of Vit C. This lasted until about 4:00 a.m. in the morning at which time it started up again. I didn't want to hype myself up at that time of day, so took one Lorazepam. Next day I didn't take the tyrosine until 4:00 p.m. and since then haven't had to take any at all. It has been 5 days.
      My appetite is not ravenous, I feel motivated, not depressed and the peace and quiet in my head are a miracle.
      The Internet and all those people who share their knowledge are a blessing. Thank you all. And, prayers that you may all find your particular remedy, perhaps this one. Tyrosine.

• Like x 5
      • Winner x 3
      • Informative x 3
      • Helpful x 1
      • Hug x 1
    2. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Wow that's fantastic. May it last long.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Kudos to @sova for putting on her Sherlock Holmes hat and tracking down the cause of her tinnitus. Just another remarkable recovery story that surprisingly, gets so little attention on this forum.​

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      So you have thyroid issues?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You give me hope! Thank you. What blood type are you? I'm A-. I'd like to try tyrosine. I'm getting desperate.

6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Emster

After reading this success story based on raising dopamine levels, I did a little research, and discovered a supplement called MUCANA PRURIENS on Amazon that can raise dopamine levels. The link will take you to the product, which has a lot of reviews, which give good insight on how it helps brain function, and dosing recommendations.

Apparently, it's not something to be taken daily. I ordered the product myself, and they sent me a different product called Muira Puama. So now I'm in process of getting that straightened out. Too bad, as I'm getting a bit desperate myself.​

7. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you very much for your recommendation. So much to learn.

8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @sova -- The following article - Methylene Blue: Benefits, Dosing, Where To Buy, And More! - says Methylene Blue can increase dopamine levels, which is what you say improved your tinnitus by supplementing with tyrosine.

How Methylene Blue Works In The Brain
      Methylene blue works in the brain by crossing the blood-brain barrier. Once it’s in the brain, it can reversibly inhibit MAO-A. This means that methylene blue can prevent dopamine and serotonin from breaking down, leading to increased levels of these neurotransmitters.

Dopamine and serotonin are essential for cognitive function since they play primary roles in memory, focus, learning, mood, and many other aspects of brain health. By increasing levels of these neurotransmitters, methylene blue can provide significant benefits to cognitive performance and overall well-being.

In the body, Methylene Blue can help you when there is a problem with how the body’s cells use energy. When the body does not work right, it can’t make enough ATP, which might cause issues like too many free radicals. But methylene blue helps the cells use energy more efficiently and lowers free-radical production.

• Informative Informative x 1