Is It Me, Or Do I Still Have Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dangerdoodles, Jan 25, 2017.

1. dangerdoodles
      Doubtful

dangerdoodles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Wax(possibly temporary)
      Hello,

My T started when my left ear was clogged with ear wax. I read that once I cleaned out the ear and unclogged it(and I did), that it would go away. My hearing is perfectly clear now, and I thought I was going to be okay.

It seems that might not be the case.

I still hear it from time to time whenever I am not focused on something. It's VERY high pitched and sounds similar to a dog whistle. It's off and on, and I think it just might be my mind, but I can't tell. For example, when I focus REALLY hard on writing this, I can't even hear it, but when I think about it, it is audible.

I'm only 14. Someone please tell me if I might have T for the rest of my life. My mom said that if it did not go away soon, then I will go see the doctor.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A rough guide is after 6 months it has more chance of permanent tinnitus but still a chance it could go even then and for people with ear conditions.
      You are doing the right thing by not giving tinnitus the time of day and dont serch for it and let your brain filter it out like a clock ticking and you will learn to not focus on it.
      Spikes can come with a cold and not feeling well but will settle down again.

Your tinnitus has every chance in going so just protect your ears from loud music etc thats not like every day noise....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      Can i ask how loud it is, can you hear it when you are in a car?

4. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I used too have tinnitus from ear wax and when the wax was cleared my ears would feel slightly tender but I could hear like a bat, thevtinnitus would hang around for a week after maybe as the irritation calmed down. Thinking back now I realise that my brain had turned up the gain to compensate for the hearing loss caused by the wax, I remember my car keys sounded so loud rattling together, all would well back too normal in a few days though.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dangerdoodles
      Doubtful

dangerdoodles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

It's audible at times, but just barely. I can hear it over my brother's music(which he blares and I yell at him for it) but only because the frequency is so high. It sounds like a flashbang, but monotone and not as bad as it was with the clogged ear. If I focus on it, it gets slightly louder.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dangerdoodles
      Doubtful

dangerdoodles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Ok, thanks! That gives me hope then!