Is There a Chance My Tinnitus Will Go Away or Am I Just Hoping?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheGagagirl1234, May 31, 2015.

1. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      I have had T since February and I had trouble sleeping because of a very loud high pitched T in both ears. Besides, I don't really hear my T when I'm in loud environments. Most every day sounds mask it. But, yesterday I went out for a long walk with my family because I was bored. Normally I don't go out unless I have to. When we came back home I didn't really notice a change at first but when I went to bed I noticed that my T was much lower than before. And when I wake up I heard silence again! It was fantastic! But of course it came back after 10 minutes, but surprisingly, it was lower. I really hope there's a chance it will go away by itself. What do you think?

2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Wow... what a great feeling it must have been to wake up in silence, even if it was for just 10 minutes..

Thought is very powerful, so if that happens again do not think it might come back or even worst look for it.. Try to forget about it and who knows, maybe T will forget about you :)

Best of luck !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      in your situation i would try to forget about it and dismiss it as nothing as much as possible! forget about this forum, just live .. .enjoy and give attention to things that matter ...

If your T will stay or become louder at least it didn`t happen because you focused on it ...

and honestly .. .what you describe is very little T compared to what some of us here experience. .. I have to go to bed with a T that is there every waking hour whatever i do wherever I go ... so really, forget about it ... my brother asked his daughter of 11 what she heard when she is in bed late at night ... she said she hears like a very high tone ... didn`t seem bothered about it.

so be happy live your life ...
      goodluck

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      It was the best morning I've had since my T started! Maybe I should stop thinking about it. But it's hard.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Try!!! Because I'm consumed but it and are busy with it 24/7 and that make it all seems louder. I wist my doctor told me...wait 5 years and perhaps its gone. Than I could have accept it easier and move on. Now I want to NOT think about it but my brain keeps focussing on it. Even when I do not hear it.. I know I have it and that makes me anxious. So first thing you have to do is let this go.... My girlfriend and her mother and my father and friends of mine have T and they do not hear it only when I talk about it and they say it is realy loud when they thinking of it.
      Sometimes my girlfriend says she hears it when I do not hear it and she just continues with her live...so try to that....just move on. At this moment your brain can easly think it is not important and it will go to the background. I was to stupid to search for a cure for 2 years already...and should just try to enjoy live more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      First of all, it isn't considered permanent until the first year has passed. It can still go away after years its so unpredictable. The only way to deal with it is not to deal with it. Just go with the flow and use ear protection while in loud sounds. Make your life larger so that it isn't the only thing you think about throughout the day. If you will always think about it, it will always be there. But if you keep yourself occupied, it will become more manageable and you may not even notice it for most of the day! Live in the hope that there are drugs being developed for this condition it isn't that hopeless now as it used to be . and who knows, it may just subside on its own after a while that you dont need any medications.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. khayla

khayla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      hi! i'm 13 and about three months ago i noticed a ringing in my right ear when i was trying to sleep. it doesn't bother me throughout the day, because i can only really hear it when i'm in dead silence or like at night when i'm in bed. it gets really annoying and i have no idea why i have it? like it came out of nowhere and i don't listen to loud music or anything. do you think it will go away? like i'm still really young and have a lot of my life ahead of me so i'm really scared

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Gagagirl,
      Like the others have said,try not focus on your tinnitus and It could go away.
      Must have been lovely wake up to silence and every chance it will completely go...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi khayla,
      Your tinnitus has every chance in going.
      Have you had your ears checked at the doctors to rule out a ear infection or wax build up ? ....lots of love glynis

10. Anthony13
      Pensive

Anthony13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Knowing my luck, an alien abduction
      The less you think it about, the more likely it will be to cease in becoming a problem for you. Although it's hard not to think about it and monitor it involuntarily, try if you can not to attach a negative emotion to it when it is in your thoughts.

It is, after all a noise. But it won't kill you. Try to be indifferent about it. I can't speak for everyone here, as many have T of varying volumes, and are affected by it all differently.

From what you say, you could probably be free of it completely soon, and even if not. Be at that place in your head where it doesn't bother you one bit. It will leave you the less attention you pay to it. But whatever you do, try not to search for silence. It will come when you are not expecting it.

And thinking about it, will only bring it into existence again !

Take care and best wishes to all

11. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Enjoy every silent moment. Green with envy. It is early for you I think it could go away and if it doesn't the fact that it is masked most days by everyday noise is a blessing too.

12. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      It is the same for me. When i am very busy or i am with friends or family i almost don't hear my T and somethimes i don't hear it all. And then when i come home it is still very low, only hear it in silence but not the high pitch that i normaly have. I dont think about it so i dont hear it.

But today i can hear it over almost everything. Really don't know why this happends. I am not stressed or anything. The only thing i can think of is that yesterday i whas eating very crispy snacks. I have TMD. Don't feel anxious about it but it is ennoying.

13. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
    14. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @TheGagagirl1234 ,

My T is just like yours. Primarily very quiet. I almost never notice it during the day unless I really try and then I barely hear it if it is quiet but sometimes not at all. It is the loudest in a very, very quiet room. Consequently, quiet rooms scare the heck out me and I need meds to sleep. I have only had it for a month and just the knowledge of it consumes me even when I do not hear it. The anxiety is awful. In part because of the loss of control but also realizing that potentially this may never go away. When I think of that I get sick. I think this came on from one load concert. No hearing loss though. When I think about the concert, I beat myself up over going. I know I have to stop that thinking. It is not helpful and it could be so much worse. So I completely understand where you are coming from. The advise from the folks above is good. I should take it. On the advise of an audiologist, I am using sound therapy to distract me from checking on my T constantly at home and at work and to help me sleep but not at work:). I use a spa sound machine and can listen to rain or white noise or the ocean on low. It helps me to relax and diverts some of my anxiety. The constant checking is problematic and keeps us from focusing elsewhere and letting our brains assimilate the noise as background and neutral like the hum of a fridge. This is my biggest struggle but today, I managed to cruise on line for an hour before hitting this site. That is an improvement for me.

My next step is to find a good CBT therapist and start to work on this
      You might want to check out doctor's corner on this site and read some of Dr. Nagler's responses to questions. They are very encouraging about the prospects of T resolving. He also gives great advice about coping. I always feel better after reading his responses. The success stories are good to read as well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Inge
      Cool

Inge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine withdrawal
      Do you have any idea what caused your T?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      I think it either could be stress related or because I listened to too much and too loud music. But it's actually louder now :(

17. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      If you barely hear your T, why do you even come here for support? Not being mean or anything but if I barely heard mine I don't think I'd be on the internet googling it and reaching out to others....it's only because i'm border line suicidal from the incessant high pitched screetching that persists 24/7 that i am here. Can't imagine being here if I barely heard it. Thank your lucky stars and forget about us.

18. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Everyone's posts are equally important and we are here to support everyone from children,teens and adults with tinnitus regardless of the sound or strength and emotional state so keep posting if need support...lots of love glynis

19. ali can
      Alone

ali can Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hight-noise
      I went to university yesterday and there's a friend at cafe. I mentioned about my T and then he said "4-5 years ago I had T noise-induced noisy job and it was completely gone itself"

20. Jbeans

Jbeans Member

Tinnitus Since:
      i hope mine will just go away too. 6 months now..

21. socalsurfer

socalsurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear syringe or antibiotics
      Hey just wondering if your T went away. Thanks.

22. Alexf9454

Alexf9454 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still investigating. TMJ maybe
      In the same boat. A bit less than 3 months in, last days have been very quiet, yesterday was silent for the first time, today it's a bit back...don't know what to think :D